The Seekers Want You! (Low Magic Campaign)

Old Jul 6 '12, 1:43am
Great Wyrm

The Seekers Want You! (Low Magic Campaign)

The Seeker's Song - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 1

You will be one of several new recruits to the Seekers, a guild based out of Kingsport that actively searches for magical artifacts. They are currently branching out of the city with guildhalls in a couple other cities, but they are notwhere near the size. Before you can become a Seeker, you'll have to pass the entrance exam. That is where the adventure will start.

Applications should go in the Forum. Discussion can be had here or in the Forum.

Character Generation:
Abilities: 4d6^3r1, No Point Buy for unhappy rolls, Reroll if Sum of Mods is +0 or less, or if there are no scores above 13.
Flaws & Traits: No voluntary flaws or traits, one manditory flaw randomly chosen (I'll post a list and the numbers associated shortly).
Wealth: Rolled by Class.
Health: Max Vitality at 1st level.

Game Description:

Game Description:
Introduction

You will start out as a recruit in the Seekers Guild, a group dedicated to searching for artefacts and ancient magical knowledge. For whatever reason you decided to join the Seekers, but before you can run off into the world bearing their seal and hunting for treasure, you must pass their entrance exam.

Set Up

This game will be using the D&D 3.5 system, with a few variations to set the tone and style of the setting. Although it is not necessarily going to be player vs player, that is entirely within the realms of possibility - and sometimes hurting one of your rivals is the easiest way to improve your own character, but solid alliances are probably going to be the norm.

Generally speaking, each player will have one PC, but if I am ambitious I may have two separate groups of PC's, working neither against nor with the other, until such time as they meet and can choose what they want to do. That said, it is entirely possible that a given group may send off characters on side missions, which may lead to solo and/or side missions.

*Note: There will decidedly be no niche protection or what not in this game. There very well may be a group of three sneaky rogue types, depending on how much I like the applications and if I think it'll make for an interesting game.

Here is everything that is allowed.

Variants.

Right, forgot that somehow lol

Level 1

Also, there is a very interesting house rule. There are no limits on the amount of feats you can take!

Now that I have your attention, let me explain that. you gain feats as normal through your class and level, but you can also learn certain feats along the way as extras. Only realistic ones are able to be learned (You're not going to pick up something that doesn't make sense). Further, there is a cost and time needed to learn a feat. you want to know how to use an exotic weapon, sure. find a teacher willing and able to teach you, pay him gold, and that's that.

I like interesting characters, and not "my character has a 600 AC, +500 to hit, and does an automatic 2,000 damage a hit." good character building is rewarded, munchkinism and super-optimization is penalized. Every character is required to take 1 flaw, and will not be getting a feat for it. While you are paragons of your generation/race, you aren't perfect, and everyone has a flaw. Because in my experience people pick flaws that wont effect them, your flaw will be randomly chosen during character creation.

Oh I know lol
But who likes orthodox?
Plus I'm only allowing certain feats.

Also, Equipment, since it's not magical, will be using this on top of PHB stuff (except magic and alchemy and such).

Money isn't as abundant as regular D&D, and monsters also aren't all that common. Civilized world is 90% human, but I don't mind if you guys are any of the other PHB races.

Should be interesting. I'll have something if and when I can think of something.

I'm kinda interested, but like games with lots of magic usually. Might be nice to stray from my norm, but I'll have to think of a good character concept first...