Notices

Gameplay/OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeiro View Post
I am unsure, cause how you said you wish to do feats. Also the fact that yes in medieval times knights were mounted soldiers; but for the motif it doesn't have to follow the historical reference for the class. Though if I am not mistaken you already had an idea behind what feats you were allowing to be 'trained' so it maybe easier to pick from one of those as 'alternative training'

Though Agile Shield Fighter would work; thought it has Pre-reqs where Mounted Combat dosn't.
I'm alright with you switchting the "training" that your knight recieves, But I would say Improved Shield Bash would be the feat, rather than something down a chain.

As for feats that can be learned/picked up, I will probably post a Beta list tomorrow, but as a generaly rule you can learn a feat if you could spend 2 months of solid training learning it, such as mounted combat or weapon focus.

Alright I am good with that. I am currently working on 'her' at the moment. Is there anything obvious we need to know about the world, other then its almost void of magic.

Have you posted the flaw list for us to roll on yet? Maybe I missed it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeiro View Post
Alright I am good with that. I am currently working on 'her' at the moment. Is there anything obvious we need to know about the world, other then its almost void of magic.
Nothing obvious. It is a "typical" fantasy setting, minus magic. I'm working on details of the world this weekend, so I hope to have a brief on it by monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podonis View Post
Have you posted the flaw list for us to roll on yet? Maybe I missed it...
I have not, will have that up tomorrow or sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerubbaal18 View Post
I didn't see them on the list, but would you be adverse to the Marshal class from Miniatures Handbook?
I'll have to look into them, why do you want to be one?

I am looking at a Samurai or Fighter and was wanting to look at the combat focus feats in PHB2 if I could.

I'm curious. I'm planning to play Ranger (using the variant posted in the game information), but it lacks one class feature that I was hoping for. Would I have to cross-class into the Complete Warrior ranger variant for the Animal Companion feature that's 4th level, or will there be a method that will allow me to take that class feature in lieu of another feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blick View Post
I am looking at a Samurai or Fighter and was wanting to look at the combat focus feats in PHB2 if I could.
Sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steampunkadept View Post
I'm curious. I'm planning to play Ranger (using the variant posted in the game information), but it lacks one class feature that I was hoping for. Would I have to cross-class into the Complete Warrior ranger variant for the Animal Companion feature that's 4th level, or will there be a method that will allow me to take that class feature in lieu of another feature?
The variant posted doesn't get an animal companion, but the spell-less variant does. There are feats you could get to pick up an animal companion I believe (maybe lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArasaadiDragonstar View Post
The variant posted doesn't get an animal companion, but the spell-less variant does. There are feats you could get to pick up an animal companion I believe (maybe lol).
Well, what I was thinking in that regard, is could I push Balanced Combat style to 5th level, Then stagger my Combat Specialization so that I get my 2nd Specialization at level 10 instead of 5, and then get a total of 4, instead of 5. If not, I'll look for another way to do this, or move on to a different idea altogether for progression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steampunkadept View Post
Well, what I was thinking in that regard, is could I push Balanced Combat style to 5th level, Then stagger my Combat Specialization so that I get my 2nd Specialization at level 10 instead of 5, and then get a total of 4, instead of 5. If not, I'll look for another way to do this, or move on to a different idea altogether for progression.
I would rather not do that. I would suggest either using the Spell-less variant in place of this one, or possibly finding feat combinations to get an animal companion.