Gameplay/OOC

I might just cross class into the spell-less variant at level 2 or 3 then. Or just forget the animal companion altogether

Ok app is all done, I think.
I rolled a percentage for the random flaw and will wait to see what it is and integrate it into my concept.

Ayeah, I'm rather wondering about the mandatory flaw. I'd hate to make a character concept and then have a flaw that made no sense. (A librarian who is illiterate.. a sharpshooter that's murky-eyed.. you get the idea)

That is the whole idea I think. I always roll my flaws and traits randomly. Like was stated, a flaw is supposed to be a flaw, not an inconvenience that doesn't have an effect in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blick View Post
That is the whole idea I think. I always roll my flaws and traits randomly. Like was stated, a flaw is supposed to be a flaw, not an inconvenience that doesn't have an effect in the game.
To be honest, I've always liked the Flaw of Frailty when I select one. 1 hp per level may not seem like a big deal, but at first level it's huge, and a total of 20 over a lifetime can hurt some characters.

Well considering the variant rules being used in this game, that 1 HP per level can be huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steampunkadept View Post
To be honest, I've always liked the Flaw of Frailty when I select one. 1 hp per level may not seem like a big deal, but at first level it's huge, and a total of 20 over a lifetime can hurt some characters.
Lets not forget that it's a permanent loss of 1 WP as well; given that average WP is 10 that is a huge difference between life and death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArasaadiDragonstar View Post
Use the value given for a monk in the PHB.
Thank you for this answer.

I have another question. For Martial Artists, they seem to have multiple styles attachments. For instance, I want to take Cobra Strike. It has Mobile, Evasive, Quick, and Rational. Do I need to pick one of those or do I get benefits for all four?

Abaandon, what's your character image from?