2-3 Replacements for Tomb of Haggemoth

Old Jul 11 '12, 1:42am
Paladin

2-3 Replacements for Tomb of Haggemoth

Dungeons and Dragons: The Tomb of Haggemoth and Beyond - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Ad Closes: Jul 15 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 3

I am looking for 2 or 3 players to join in the middle of this adventure, and who are willing to play a game that tends to be more ‘role playing’ then ‘roll playing’. The adventurers need to be level 3.

Game Description:

What sort of background is this adventuring party?

For added fun, can we make the goat sentient,
and then have that be my character?
xD

I vote yes, but it's up to the GM.

hm..I think perhaps a swashbuckler never tried that before.

Holy crapsticks.. YES!

But you still gotta qualify as a standard animal, so you can get the buffing goodness that comes with being a druid's buddy.

work in progress
The Point buy system.. I am curious.
It says we can build a 32 pt build and then add +2 to all stats.
Does that mean a person could literally have a 22 to a stat with racial?
Oh and thinking of an Elven Wizard most likely, and if a Grey Elf would be allowed.
They get +2 int bonus in trade of -2 to str.

Quote:
What sort of background is this adventuring party?
The party is somewhere between Neutral and Good. We are searching for a treasure for an old acquaintance of ours. We are hopefully headed to Freizuarazov, following a lead. While we travel between places on our (pirate) ship, we expect to spend time somewhere cold, then in the desert.

Quote:
It says we can build a 32 pt build and then add +2 to all stats.
Does that mean a person could literally have a 22 to a stat with racial?
Yes.
Not sure about the Grey Elf; Z will have to answer that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoalord View Post
Many of the other books (PHP2, Complete Scoundrel, Magic of the Incarnum, Book of Nine Swords, etc) have some very powerful build/powers in them I would like very much to stay away from.
Book of Nine Swords, while a great book, does seem to be a slight cut above many in terms of power. However, the general consensus seems to be that Complete Scoundrel is very well balanced, and in many ways the best of the Completes, and with the obvious exception of Necrocarnate abuse Magic of Incarnum does not seem to be particularly bad. Still, it's completely your decision, and I very much understand not wanting to open your game up to the potential carnage at hand. It just means my Healing Belt Lifebond Incarnate will have to wait...

Maybe a nice Warlock or something... hmm...