The Demon King

Street Fighter RPG: The Four Corners

The Four Corners - Forum
Miscellaneous
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Will YOU cross the line?
Are YOU gonna get taken for a ride?
Will YOU be the next challenger?

Street Fighter: The Four Corners is a supreme melding of hand to hand fighting games and their crossovers. A salute to everything we love about fighting games, and even some of the things we groan about. Fighters from across the world and even other dimensions are welcome to compete in what at first might appear to be your typical Street Fighter tournament... but this wouldn't be a good trope-embracing romp if that's ALL there was to it, now would it?

If you love fighting games and their relentless tropes, I encourage you to come on by. SF: 4C is recruiting once again after losing a few people, and we're looking for people who can create, roleplay and develop an interesting and compelling fighter in this wacky world. The game uses the ancient abandon-ware Street Fighter: The Storytelling Game rules, one of White Wolf's most ancient creations. The rules are incredibly simple and if you don't have them, we'll be able to teach you the rules pretty quick.

Currently the game is made up of 2 "Teams" of characters/players and their NPCs. Fighting game tropes are HEAVILY encouraged, and though the roleplaying is taken seriously, the players are pretty lighthearted about it all, and it's intended that way. At times the two teams might fight one another for a chance to compete in the next World Warrior Tournament, the next they're helping rescue them from the clutches of The Mad Gear Gang.

Team "Raging Dragon" - A team sponsored by one of the world's largest corporations and captained by the company owner's son, this team loves the spotlight and flies in style. Movie premieres, red carpet gala events and all the jumbo private jets you can use... (An In-Character look at Team Raging Dragon can be found HERE, though it's not fully up to date.)

Team "Ambition" - A team sponsored by anonymous donors, very few know the dark truth that the team is directly run by the forces of Shadoloo. This team often travels in secret, with black helicopters, secret meetings and the latest in dark research. They are no holds barred in manner and have secretly been manipulating countless forces in the Street Fighter tournament. (Read some In-Character information about Team Ambition HERE. Also slightly out of date.)

So what are we looking for? Well the game is restarting and we're looking to fill in the roster for both teams. You can apply for team "Good Guys" or team "Bad Guys"... though I will say that not everyone on either team really embodies those ideals (save for a certain team Captain who isn't me...) so feel free to apply with whatever you want to play...

All we ask is that your character fit the genre... though that definition is pretty wide. So far we've encounters fighters from the SNK franchises, the Mad Gear Gang in a Final Fight style sidescrolling beat-em-up section, and we've seen mutants and other crazy freaky magic... and we've only just finished our first round of fights!

So if YOU want to experience some fast-paced Street Fighter/Fighting Game action... click on in.

Game Description:

Streetfighter: The Four Corners will be a mix of PVE and PVP game play. There will be many challenging events during the game so a well rounded fighter is best.

The is a system based off a fighting game and we will use that logic.

I am recruiting for 6 pc's to add to the two staple leaders I already have for a total of 8 players divided into two teams of four.

Material/books allowed

I will be allowing all offical books printed by White Wolf and resources from the following website http://sfrpg.com/

All characters will be built up from a bottom up manner. Build yourself as a starting fighter and then add 410 points in experience to yourself.

You are rank 8 and can be from any division except World Warrior. That is the division you are trying to obtain.

All character sheets should be set to private, you don't want to give a potential competitor an edge.
After I have accepted all the applications that I need, I will divide you into your teams.

All applications must have a character picture to accompany your visual description as well as the style you are using, victory pose, statement when you have won a match and something you say/do just before the ringing of the bell to start a match. For example, Ryu tugs his gloves on tight and makes sure his headband is tied securely on his head before a match starts.

Weapons-I have no issues with character concepts that include weapons (Vega for example, has one) but no guns are allowed for pc's. You are fighters and its not in your makeup or true to the spirit of the fighting game genre (yes their are exceptions but the answer is still no) we are in.

Background-These are pretty wide open and will be discussed on a case by case basis. Please think true to the spirit of the genre. The only exception is that no PC will have in their background that they have fought and defeated a World Warrior division holder (which includes, but is not limited to any character that has been in any street fighter game series).

The drive to obtain this Division ranking will be the overall drive for the PC's. You are warriors after all and want to be one of the best.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Last edited by Nobunaga; Jul 14 '12 at 8:00pm..
Oooh, I love this system. Never really get to play it. Consider me interested. And since you mentioned Shandaloo and Mad Gears, I would assume it is set in the SF/FF universe.

yes, they both feature as well as drawing on other blasts from the coin munching past of fighters and beat 'em ups. I also steal a bit from king of fighters as well, except tekken. All of those exist in universe.

The World Warriors are the top tier, the other games tourny's exist but are below in stature and fame. The World Warrior Tournament is the best of the best.

EDIT-SNK fighters were basic rips of Street Fighter (except samurai shodown, that game is a classic unto itself) so its why they are in universe as well.

I don't know the system at all but have vast experience with other White Wolf Systems including the more epic ones: Exalted and Scion. Are newbies accepted?

Newbies are absolutely 100% accepted. Most of our current players were complete newbies before we started. Now some are breaking characters with the best of them! Hahah

I was seriously considering doing this exact same thing just a few days ago. I am so completely interested in this.

for those of us who do not have access to the books. Is there someway we can have a look at them?

as its an out of print book, you should be able to search-fu them online. WW hasnt sold this product line for years and the license is in limbo. It should be an easy find.