My Little Pony: Ever After

Old Jul 14 '12, 11:49pm
Wyrm

My Little Pony: Ever After

My Little Pony: Ever After - Forum
Miscellaneous
Ad Closes: Jul 20 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 6

Hello, everypony. I am new to DMing, but have wanted to try it for awhile. I thought I would start with something simple and easy, as well as something I love dearly. So I'm running a My Little Pony based role play based off of the very simple, free, and streamlined Puzzles and Pony system. There will be slight modifications to the system, to expand upon it.

We will learn and feel out the system as we go... Its a little touch and go, but lets just try and have fun with it.

Here is a link to the system: Puzzles and Ponies

For now the setting takes place in an alternate reality Equestria in which Twilight and the Mane Six apparently failed in their quest, if they exist at all. Currently Cannon positions are not available, but they may open in the future. If you'd like to play a cannon position, you can greatly increase your chances by mentioning that you want to play one here. Furthermore, if you get an original character approved and show that you are not only a good role player, but a consistently available one, you will improve those chances even more so.

For now, I'd like to create a team of four ponies willing to work together. Whether this team are Loyalist or belong to the New Lunar Empire will depend on who gets accepted. Additionally, I have two positions for maverick ponies, working on their own for now.

When you create your application, make sure to either choose the Lunar Empire or the Equestrian Loyalists. Alternatively, you can be neutral. Information regarding that can be gleaned from the setting below.

I'm looking for originality as well as characters who feel like they'd exist in Equestria, if it were going through hard times like depicted in the setting below. Good luck, and have fun with it.

Game Description:

Once upon a time, the sun set. It was never seen again.

It has been three years since the return of Nightmare Moon during the Sumer Sun Celebration. Princess Celestia has not been seen since, and no one has ever heard of the name Twilight Sparkle or the Elements of Harmony.

However, despite being faced with this adversity, a pony learns how to adapt. The new society led by Nightmare Moon is surprisingly not that bad. In the three years since Nightmare Moon took over, there have been a remarkable amount of changes.

For one, Nightmare Moon abolished the noble system, stripping the Canterlot Elite of their titles and privileges. Many were furious about this, though some accepted it with a quiet dignity. The new ruler declared that "Effort will always surpass talent," and that the former noble ponies must re-earn their status through labor, or by providing her with results. Through this and other economic reforms, the wide gap between the rich and middle class ponies was greatly reduced.

With the new Eternal Night, many crops failed from lack of sunlight. Nightmare moon ordered all farmers to begin growing crops that thrive off of moonlight, providing many with plants and trees most have never even heard of before. The new crops have proved bountiful for those who accepted them. Those who did not were driven out of business due to failing crops. The bounty provided by these new night based crops have virtually eliminated all concerns of food shortages. Farmers can practically give their food away and still have plenty of profit. No pony ever goes hungry.

Most of the royal guard quickly submitted to their new leader after their initial attempts at defeating her were unsuccessful.

Some would even say things are better than ever.

Though, there are those who would disagree. There are many underlying problems with what Nightmare Moon has done, and the way she did it. Many ponies are unhappy, a lot for the simple reason that they remain loyal to Princess Celestia.

Various resistance groups have sprouted up here and there, working to overthrow Nightmare Moons new regime, for better or worse. There are many various reasons why these ponies rebel, but they have all come together under the blanket term of 'Equestrian Loyalist'. They desperately strike out against the New Lunar Empire in the hopes of restoring their beloved Equestria to its former glory.

Their job is not an easy one, however. Many look at the freedom fighters as mere terrorist, stirring up trouble simply because they cannot let go of what once was. Many blame the Loyalist for disturbing the new found peace an prosperity found within the darkness of the night. The Loyalist denounce these neigh sayers as cowards and complacent slaves to their new dictator. In the end, who can really say what is right and what is wrong?

The only thing you can do is believe in your own heart as you walk down an uncertain path.

Last edited by The Stranger; Jul 15 '12 at 11:03pm..
You tempted me with the maverick option, will think about what to play.

On another note, bow to the
Blood Angels

Eh heh, I'm glad you like the idea. Maverick is a good word.

I made some edits... One major one, is that I neglected to add 'description' to the app at first. Be sure not to miss it.

I shall be applying with a ponysona.

Hmm, very good stats. Very safe.

I don't think it'll be under debate, but for the record Demo strike can count as Cutie Mark related, while sprinter can't.

I think I'll also revise the Cutie Mark rules. You can gain a +1 bonus to rolls related to your cutie mark.

Right... and the Sledge Hammer.

Sledge Hammer: Lets you use 1d8 + Gumption when using it to strike things. Must be used with both front hooves to use it. However, it is large and unwieldy so it also gives a penalty to Quickness. -1 to Quickness while holding it.

I look forward to seeing the rest of your character's application.

I see... how large do you think that hammer would be? Because a sledge hammer is a lot bigger than a normal hammer. You can choose a hammer as your starting object.

A sledgehammer would have to be wielded with hooves.

Here are the stats for a hammer.

Hammer: Adds +2 to Gumption when used to strike something.

Come to think of it, a sledge hammer should do a lot more damage... potentially.

I guess if you choose the sledge hammer, it would be 1d10 instead of 1d8.

Well that would be redonkulously awkward to wield, and then what would be the point? Despite what people think, hammers require a lot of aim to be used right. With hooves, that's not possible.

Also, due to long discussions like this, I'd recommend making an application sub-forum on the game forum. There'll probably be more than a few.