Notices


Chapter 1: The So-Called Friends of Marko

   
First things first; I need to get this shrapnel out of me.

Unfortunately for her, her hands are far too shaky and her mind still too clouded over for her to make a good attempt at it, new pain shoots through her as she tries to remove it until she stops when she cannot bear any more.



Cyrian's lack of concentration seriously impairs his ability to navigate the debris, resulting in a rather violent collision.

The only remaining enemy starfighter isn't fairing any better, as his previous collision left him with a crippled ship, and he's unable to avoid anything. Two floating droid starfighter reduce his own ship to a pile of debris, leaving Cyrian as the only survivor in the field.


Cyrian scrambles to regain control as flashes of sparks dance across the instrument panel. As they blink out Cyrian lets out a terrified chuckle.

What else could go wrong?

Dice Roll: 1d20+5z
d20 Results: 5 (Total = 10)
Mechanics (10)

Dice Roll: 1d8+10z
d8 Results: 5 (Total = 15)
Force point (15)

Cali's attempt at removing the invading piece of metal didn't go her way. Too much blood - her hands kept slipping. It certainly didn't help things. With each slid, the metal moved about, opening the wound even more.

GM: Cali now takes a -3 to all skill checks.
You can make a Treaty Injury check to try to remove it again. If it fails (DC13), you can make a DC7 Endurance check to yank the piece out painfully and crudely - however doing so will result in a +5 to the DC to patch up the wound due to heavier bleeding.
You can also fight through the pain and make a mechanics check to try to pilot the Starfighter's singed remains somewhere.

As the pain dies down again, Cali tries to remove the piece of shrapnel again, but again her attempts only make things worse. With the delicate approach failing her, she grabs tightly on the piece of ship impaling her and snatches it out of her. An anguished, blood curdling scream forces its way out of her lungs before being replaced by sobs as she throws the offending piece to the cockpit floor. She feels as if her mind is fuzzing over with cotton wool; it takes her much longer than it should to realise her body was beginning to go into shock. With heavily laboured effort, she slowly shuffles her feet onto the ships instruments and further upwards, trying to elevate her feet above her heart; though with the erratic spinning and the likely lack of inertial dampeners, she has no idea if it even helps. Forcing herself to take deeper breaths, she plans her next move.



Cali dislodges the peice and starts bleeding heavily from the now open, painfully
Dice Roll: 1d8z
d8 Results: 2
bleeding (2) wound.

GM: Make a DC10 acrobatics or use the force check to pull out the First aid kit under the seat in your current position. If you succeed, you are granted a +2 circumstancial bonus to fighting the shock. If you fail, you have to take your legs down from the dashboard and do the procedure normally - you do not get the bonus.

Make a DC25 Treat Injury check to stop the bleeding. This effect is cumulative. For example: if you get 10 this round, and another 10 the next, then you are considered to have succeeded. You will loose 1d8 in HP every round you are severely bleeding.

Cyrian's attempt to jury-rig the damaged fighter succeeds, and enables him to maneuver around the debris. But the previous collisions have imparted momentum to his own ship, dragging him in the same direction as the field. The edge appears so far away...


"Ok well that's a step in the right direction."

Cyrian scans the field with the sensors and visually trying to see where Cali was in relation to himself. While he looks he restarts the ships thrusters. His heart skips a beat as they stutter out but then flare to life. He gives the throttle a test and grins when it responds. He slowly starts moving the ship through the debris.

"Hold on Cali."


Dice Roll: 1d20+5z
d20 Results: 15 (Total = 20)
Perception -2 (20)

Cyrian spots a relatively empty pocket within the debris field, and successfully navigates to it, giving him a little more time to breathe.


Mara Aragone, Zeltron Female Noble

~ Inside Enemy Freighter ~



Mara keys her commlink on the tactical frequency to reach Cyrian again. The tone of her voice reflects some puzzlement and concern. <“Fighter One, are you alright? Do you have a status on... Cali?”>




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status       Advertise with us