Chapter 1: The So-Called Friends of Marko

   
<"I'm doing ok. My ship is being held together with duct tape and willpower. I haven't been able to get a response from Cali but I know she isn't dead yet.">

Cyrian takes a deep breath and begins to move through the field headed towards Cali's disabled fighter. The going is slow but it seems the debris is spreading out a little giving him room to maneuver.


Dice Roll: 1d20+4z
d20 Results: 8 (Total = 12)
Pilot-2 (12)
Dice Roll: 1d8+12z
d8 Results: 3 (Total = 15)
Force point (15)

The path to the edge of the debris field gets close, but Cyrian feels an urge to bank left. As he does, he sees that this maneuver allows a previously unseen piece of a droid starfighter to just scratch his wing rather than hitting dead on and possibly ripping the entire wing off.


Cyrian can see the light at the end of the tunnel. The edge of the field was just ahead, all he had to do was keep it together for a few more seconds. The debris wasn't to bad here so if he re-enforced the shields it should get him out. The humm of the shields recharging brought joy to his heart.

Dice Roll: 1d20+5z
d20 Results: 18 (Total = 23)
Mechanics -2 (23)

Cyrian's actions proved to be the right choice, as his starfighter exists the debris, damaged, but at least not part of the field, like the two enemy starfighters.


Cyrian begins to limp the damaged ship over towards the wreckage of Cali's fighter He toggles the comm unit as he slowly approaches.

"Cali? Cali can you hear me?"

He slowly rotates his ship so when he looks up he is looking through Cali's cockpit glass trying to see if she is ok.


Mara Aragone, Zeltron Female Noble

~ Inside Enemy Freighter ~



Mara keys her comlink on the tactical frequency in reply, her tone shows some relief, <“Fighter One, you say Cali is alive? That is good news. Are you still in danger from doing battle?”>

She suspects that things have calmed down on that front, the stress of combat no longer coming through on the fighter pilot's tone.

The gaping wound in Cali's chest bean to ooze with blood quite rapidly; time was running out for her. She saw the edge of an emergency medipac underneath her seat, but in her elevated position it was just out of reach. Cali stretched out her hand and called to it with the Force. It rattled slightly but didn't move enough. She closed her eyes in concentration before reaching out again. This time the bag shook more violently before darting up towards her outreached hand. Almost unfortunately, the pack caught on something under the chair, slowing it's momentum before it reached her hand, but she was able to barely catch it. With the kit in her hand, she took a second to slow her breathing after exerting herself by using the Force; a quickened heart meant more blood loss, and she couldn't afford to lose much more.

Cali quickly opened the medipac, and her expert medical hands began their work. First of all she used the tools to pick out any further pieces of the ship, grunting as she picked each of the fragments out. She then liberally applied coagulant to stop the bleeding before massaging kolto gel into the wound, letting out a wincing hiss as she does so and being very careful not to open the wound any further before covering the whole of it with a generous layer of synthetic skin. It wasn't a pretty fix, and she had no idea how bad her internal injuries were, but anything that bought her time to get back to the station was necessary. With the bleeding stopped, she shuffled her feet slowly back to the floor and took stock of the damaged ship around her as she prepared to try to repair what she could to get herself to safety. She tries to recall any mechanical and technological tricks she had learned over the years to see if they could help. In her less than optimal state and with her ship's comms down she is unaware of the end of the space battle, or of Cyrian's ship above her.






<"I can't get a response over the comms. I can see her moving around in there though. I'm going to see if I can transfer her from her ship to mine and get her back to base.">

Cyrian pulled down the visor on his helmet and activated the environmental seals. He opened the canopy and latched his tether to his ship. He waited for the atmosphere in the ship to vent out and unbuckled the safety harness. He stands up slowly and gives a small leap up floating slowly across the gap towards Cali's Ship.


Mara Aragone, Zeltron Female Noble

~ Inside Enemy Freighter ~



Mara replies over her comlink, <“Thank you, Fighter one. Good luck and be careful. Let us know how it goes.”>

GM: Yes, I'll let you take 10 on the mechanics check to stabilize the fighter Seren.




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status