Chapter 1: The So-Called Friends of Marko

Cali begins slowly trying to get enough of the ship working to get back to the Destiny. Her first success in trying to get the power back online was short-lived, though it was long enough for her to pay attention to the whine of the "collision imminent" klaxon. A moment's panic fades away as it continues for the few seconds power runs through the ship before failing once again. Her mind, even in her injured state, is quicker than most and she realises something must be close and stationary. She looked at the canopy of her cockpit, and the shock of Cyrian slowly floating towards her causes her to first pause in shock, then laugh aloud to herself almost too enthusiastically. She is quick to regain her composure, but not before an elated wave escaped from the usually stoic Cali. She begins checking over her flightsuit for any other punctures as she covers the tear to her chest with what's left of the synthetic skin from the medipac.

He gives Cali a small wave through the cockpit window and taps his short range commlink in the flight suits helmet.

<"Cali? Cali can you hear me?">

He feels the sense of relief flash from her like a wave. It was a very weird sensation. He shakes his head to clear the feeling.

<"Cali are you injured? Can your suit hold a seal?">

Cali's own helmet comm worked fine. <"I'm getting you loud and clear Cyrian. It's good to see you."> She answered as she finished checking her suit. <"I think my suit should hold a seal, and my injuries are as stabilised as they can be from a medipac."> She begins to undo the harness that straps her into the seat, but even in her stabilised state, her movement is laboured.

<"Ok great. When your ready open your canopy and float to me. I'll reel us in and I'll get you to the Rest. ">

He floated out of the way of the canopy but close enough for him to grab Cali. He really hoped this whole thing wasn't a colossal waste. It might have been easier just to let them have what ever they stole. He dismissed that line of thought with a wave of anger. These people shouldn't be allowed to kill and steal with out consequences. His anger settled into a slow simmer in the back of his brain. There would be time enough for that later now he had to focus on getting Cali out of here.

Mara Aragone, Zeltron Female Noble

~ Inside Enemy Freighter ~

Mara hears the exchange between the two fighter pilots over the tactical frequency on the comlinks. You can hear the relief in her voice as she says, <Good to finally hear that you are okay, Cali. We are glad you are still with us. You two please be careful out there.>

<"Glad to still be here. Stay safe too and may the Force be with you and the others."> Cali finishes unbuckling and reaches forward to open the canopy. The hiss of venting gas is quickly replaced by an almost calming silence. With the smallest of leaps, Cali begins floating towards the waiting Cyrian.

<"That's it I got you.">

He catches Cali as gently as he can. He then activates the small wench and lets it reel him back towards his own fighter. Once there he gets himself strapped back in before pulling Cali in. The cockpit is awkwardly tight but they manage to squeeze in.

<"Lets go home.">

He powers the engines and starts heading back to base.

~ Destiny's Rest - Outside of the Operations and Command Center; via comlink ~
Ranas Kae - Head of Security

"Kid, this is Ranas Kae, head of security. I dunno who's speaking there but we'll be wherever you need us. Medical and security, so do everything nice and calm, alright? We'll be there to help. And, well, wanna let me know which docking bay you'll be coming in?"

Ranas Kae – Head of Security
Medium Male Weequay Nonheroic 3/Soldier 1/Noble 1/Scout 1
Background None, Force 5, Dark Side 0
Init +4; Senses Perception +3
Languages Basic, Sriluurian
--------------------------------
Defenses Ref 25 (flat-footed 24), Fort 21, Will 15
hp 26; Threshold 21
Speed 4 squares
Melee Knife +5 (1d4+3)
Ranged Heavy Blaster Pistol +4 (3d8+1)
Ranged BlasTech DLT-20A +4 (3d10+1)
Base Atk +3; Grp +4
Abilities Str 14, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 12
Talents Armored Defense, Lead by Example, Spotter
Feats Armor Proficiency (light, medium, heavy), Weapon Proficiency (simple, pistols, rifles)
Skills Endurance +14, Gather Information +9
Possessions BlasTech DLT-20A, comlink, code cylinder, datapad, knife, heavy battle armor, heavy blaster pistol
Ranas