Pathfinder Society: The Official Myth Weavers Chapter

Old Jul 30 '12, 6:20pm
OK Wyrm

Pathfinder Society: The Official Myth Weavers Chapter

Pathfinder Society: The Official Myth Weavers Chapter - Forum
Pathfinder - Golarion
Ad Closes: Aug 13 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 99

The Myth Weavers chapter of the Pathfinder Society needs more players and GMs!

A Myth Weavers Game Like You've Never Seen ItIf you're a veteran of games here on the Weave, you'll immediately notice that this game actually houses several ongoing games at once. We have gathered a stable of able GMs to run scenarios for our registered players. Each GM has control of his own game (within the limits of the Rules & Guidelines), but ultimately reports to the Venture-Captain. More players can play at once than the average PbP game, and there is no application process. As long as a player has a street-legal Pathfinder Society character, he/she can join up! When a GM calls for a Muster for his scenario, it's first come, first served.

So come be part of something larger, something different, and something ridiculously fun! Help Pathfinder gain a strong foothold here on the Weave!

We've been up and running for a year now, with a solid group of dedicated GMs, but there's always room for more talent! If you want to run simple, straightforward, and short mods, please let me know. The larger the stable of GMs, the more scenarios that can be run simultaneously, and the more players that can be served. And if you'd like to join as a player, post your interest here, as well. But first, run over to the official Pathfinder Society home page and join up. It's free and painless, I promise!

Registering will generate a unique ID number for you. When you have this number in your grubby little hands, come back here and present that number in your post. Link it to your profile on Paizo's site. If I see a valid number, you get an invite. It's that simple, and it's probably the easiest application you've ever had to produce here on the Weave!

Also, please tell me if you're applying as a player or a GM (or both). We have loads of players already, but more GMs would be great! As a bonus, any GM who signs up gets a big digital hug from me, so there's that.

Quick guide to becoming a PathfinderBefore presenting yourself at the gates of the Grand Lodge, there are several steps that every intelligent aspiring Pathfinder should complete: Go Here and click the "Join the Pathfinder Society" link on the right side of the page.
  • Finish Registering and receive a PFS number(should be a 5-digit number).
  • Post in the ad thread with: [url="http://paizo.com/people/YourPaizoUsername"]PFS # NNNNN[/url]
  • For example: PFS # 43875
  • You are done! Now it is time to create your adventurer while you wait for your official acceptance from one of the Masters of the Society. The easiest place to get started as a PFS adventurer is by asking around in this thread or by asking me in this application or via PM.

Note for GMs
A special note: Along with a new group of players, we are seeking more dedicated GMs to help run scenarios. It is critical that we have a good base of GMs to be able to continually offer scenarios. If you are interested in becoming a GM, or have questions, please PM me or post in here.

GMing for Pathfinder Society is fun! PFS scenarios are short, and great for beginning GMs getting their feet wet. GMs also get credit towards their character(s), giving them gold and experience as if they had played in the game. In The Official Myth Weavers Chapter, GMs are free to play in other GMs scenarios at the same time as running their own!

A Myth Weavers Game Like You've Never Seen ItIf you're a veteran of games here on the Weave, you'll immediately notice that this game actually houses several ongoing games at once. We have gathered a stable of able GMs to run scenarios for our registered players. Each GM has control of his own game (within the limits of the Rules & Guidelines), but ultimately reports to the Venture-Captain. More players can play at once than the average PbP game, and there is no application process. As long as a player has a street-legal Pathfinder Society character, he/she can join up! When a GM calls for a Muster for his scenario, it's first come, first served.

So come be part of something larger, something different, and something ridiculously fun! Help Pathfinder gain a strong foothold here on the Weave!

Game Description:

PATHFINDER SOCIETY
The OFFICIAL Myth Weavers Chapter

The Decemvirate Wants YOU!
The Decemvirate Wants YOU!
The ten shadowy masters of the Pathfinder Society have seen fit to conclude your arduous months of training. Through trial (and a great deal of error), you have finally been dubbed "Pathfinders", agents of one of the most notorious organizations in Golarion. You hail from the far corners of Avistan and Garund, and your allegiances to particular nations are still strong, yet one trait unites you all: your insatiable desire to explore the hidden places in Golarion, to recover its lost secrets, and to have your deeds sung for eternity in the pages of the Pathfinder Chronicles.

Officially Sanctioned Organized Play
Officially Sanctioned Organized Play
This game houses the officially registered Myth Weavers Chapter of Pathfinder Society Organized Play. Players and GMs registered with the Society run through Paizo-sanctioned scenarios, with some alterations to the core Pathfinder rules to facilitate and balance organized play. The results of these scenarios are reported to Paizo by the person overseeing the chapter (yours truly). Players can use their PCs in any sanctioned Pathfinder Society event, whether it be at home, online, or at a convention.

A Myth Weavers Game Like You've Never Seen It
A Myth Weavers Game Like You've Never Seen It
If you're a veteran of games here on the Weave, you'll immediately notice that this game actually houses several ongoing games at once. We have gathered a stable of able GMs to run scenarios for our registered players. Each GM has control of his own game (within the limits of the Rules & Guidelines), but ultimately reports to the Venture-Captain. More players can play at once than the average PbP game, and there is no application process. As long as a player has a street-legal Pathfinder Society character, he/she can join up! When a GM calls for a Muster for his scenario, it's first come, first served.

This looks like a lot at once so feel free to ask any questions you like.

This is the crib notes version of what the Myth Weavers Pathfinder Society provides to its members:
1) A bunch of short officially sanctioned Pathfinder scenarios ran with officially registered characters that you can use here or at conventions or at local society games.
2) Right now, there are ten or so GMs, 13 games currently running and 2 games looking for players. More games appear every couple of weeks.
3) The games are relatively short (one to several months) which makes them more reliable and because we have a stable of GMs, there's a safety net that means that they actually do get completed even if someone spaces out.

It's easy. Get a Paizo profile if you don't have one yet, sign up for PFS, post your PFS number and the link to your profile here. The rest you can do in the forum where there's lots of people to answer questions.

Both.

If you want to just play, that's fine. If you want to just GM, that's great too. If you want to do both, all the better.

To share my personal experience, I'm playing in 4 scenarios over there right now, have a 5th character ready and will be GMing 2 scenarios starting in about a month.

To add to that last thought, the rewards for GMing in PFS is you get credit that you can apply to one of your characters as if that character had participated in the scenario.

So, even if you are GMing, you are also building up a character at the same time with your GM credits.

@GreyJaeger, just need your PFS# - I can't see it from those links (because myAccount goes to My account). Are you a player, GM or both?

PFS #58701

Let's see if that is it.

Plan on just being a player for now. New to PbP