General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Kickstarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burne View Post
DND Documentary

I didn't see this one posted and thought you guys might be interested. Less than a week left to get the minimum $50k they need to meet their goal.
I'd have to recommend seeing this as well, if you want to watch a D&D doc, although the KS looks cool too
The Dungeon Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
I'd have to recommend seeing this as well, if you want to watch a D&D doc, although the KS looks cool too
The Dungeon Masters
Adding to that... we have Realm of Larp a larp documentary that is done really well.

.... ok back to Kickstarters

turn your iphone photos into polaroids!! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...mages-into-rea

If anyone is looking for a Fallout/Book of Eli kind of game with a mix of science and magic, you should check out Afterearth: The Fall.

$1 gets you the game and your name in the credits of the book. At higher backing levels you get to vote on what goes into the game (and name in the credits of the book).

Another good one is Project Eternity. It's from Obsidian Entertainment.

(Disclosure: one of my friends is a designer. Still, I think it's objectively awesome.)

In under a day they have met 99% of the 1.1M goal.....31 days left. This may be the biggest starter ever. I'm going to have to jump on the earlybird special.

Yah, I jumped on that too. Polka, since you have an "in" with this group, if you are even in a position to ask and/or disclose: What rules set will they be using for the game? One of the D&D sets or a home brew?

I don't usually pester him with questions like that, but I might be able to ask. I'm pretty sure that the response will be that it uses its own system. It's not that they don't like D&D--they play it all the time and have designed for it before--but they've also used custom systems for their games before (e.g. Fallout: New Vegas). It's also one of those things I would have expected to be mentioned on the KS page if they had licensed the system. (If they did, I didn't see it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarium View Post
I'm going to have to jump on the earlybird special.
Yeah, I did the same. I've always wanted to see what the guys at Obsidian could do if they had free rein, and I'm just cheap enough to care about the discount.

Well, it wasn't exactly a "custom" system for Fallout: New Vegas. They modified the system from Fallout 3, which in turn was adapted from Fallout and Fallout 2 (which makes sense, since they were making it for Bethesda, who currently own the series). However, I agree it's likely to have its own (or else a modified version of something from one of their other games), simply so they don't have to license a system.