Wheel of Time

Old Aug 7 '12, 7:13am
Tua'athan

Wheel of Time

Wheel of Time: Ta'maral'ailen - Forum
Cortex
Estimated Members Requested: 6

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, and Age yet to come, and Age long past, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nore endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning."
-The Eye of the World

Ta'maral'ailen, the Web of Destiny, the Lace of Ages. The time comes when the pattern must weave its course in a set direction, and plucks out special threads, Ta'veren to weave itself around. To guide the course of the weaving to the end that must be, else all shall be lost. Which threads will guide the pattern, and which will be tossed by the way side? The story is yet to be told.

Game Description:

Whee of Time using Cortex RPG system rules.

Last edited by Magius; Aug 7 '12 at 3:45pm..
sure, Sturmm!
I am new-ish to Cortex (been playing just over two months now)
but i know the rules well enough, i can help you out.

I've seen primers online, Jadyn, that should be able to explain the basics, and there are plenty of people who have lots of experience with Serenity, Leverage, Smallville, and other games that went into making Cortex+.

Can we get any background on the campaign? Where and when is it going to be set? Aiel War, Trolloc War, War of Power, two weeks before the books start, in an alternative (Aelfinn) universe? Post Tar'Mon Gai'don? :0

The options are literally endless.

I'm leaning toward a channeling character, myself, but I don't want to hog it, so I might slap my own hand away and do something else. What concepts are other people thinking of?

- Logain

It's set on the same timeline as the books, and yes i plan to play through all 14 (including A Memory of Light, when it comes out I'll work things out for it) books. It's an epic; and I think that once you start a WoT campaign like this, you can't just end it halfway.