A New Beginning

Old Aug 9 '12, 6:46pm
Young Adult Dragon

A New Beginning

A New Beginning - Forum
Pathfinder
Estimated Members Requested: 5

Update:
I had a group of people but many of them stopped posting for real life reasons or what not. SO I am looking for more people I am more than happy to take more character concepts!

What I'm I am looking for?
5 people who can post on a semi regular basis, with very interesting characters. I would like a post of your character concept first, which will go into my deciding of who plays.

Game Style:
It will be a sandbox style game with many things unfolding at once. You are a couple people in a very large world of creatures and beings all trying to start new. The party will be starting off at lvl 5 with much leeway on most things.

Important Notes:
In this world thus far there is only 1 god, other Gods from other realms cannot reach this far, but Invictus has been lending the faithful power. He is hoping people will follow his tenants but he knows that is a far off goal. Lastly he is also limiting the power of necromancy, evil spells, and things that would generally be used as a very negative bad juju thing.

The interesting thing about this world is that it is a prequel campaign, as in this will help shape this world's history of the main story I plan to DM for local friends. So your actions and such will almost indefinitely shape the world. I am open to some 3.5 influence and want interesting characters, so many races are viable I just want to know about it before I approve it and all that good stuff. If your interested post questions and all that good stuff....

Game Application
Sincerely, Dredge

Game Description:

Almost all planes across all multiverses have war, battle, strive, and death. People lose lives and are worse off for it. One Planeswalker walked many of the planes with his vast power unable to personally interfere in the wars outcome. He could do one thing though to help those who wanted to leave, make a place for them to go. He created a Hub plane, a place that could reach to almost any multiverse, and he told any who he knew wanted to leave to come to his new world to live. It would have all the biomes needed for any race to live. Word spread like wildfire and all kinds of races, monsters, creatures of legend and more flooded this world to be free of their world's conflict. You are one of these new refugees, you left your home for safety, and you are here to rebuild and have a safe life. But how long can the promised safe realm be when all people from all walks of life live there.

Last edited by Dredge; Sep 26 '12 at 1:10am..
Added into post above... Lvl 5

Also, you first have to get a character concept that Dredge is okay with.

Posted mine, BTW. Can I roll the options myself, or do I have to post it in a thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerim View Post
Also, you first have to get a character concept that Dredge is okay with.

Posted mine, BTW. Can I roll the options myself, or do I have to post it in a thread?
I'm aware, but I alrready have characters designed. Wanted to have an idea how far they should be along.

*adding to Anchorite's list*
What's the character creation details?
How do you want us to retermine abilitiy scores? die roll, standard 20 point point-buy, what?
What books are allow, and are you allowing the use of the Advanced Race guide?
Is Homebrew allowed?
How is starting gold determined?
Are we allowed to use Traits out of the Advanced Players Guide?

You gave us nothing on character creation. >.<

I gave nothing on character creation because I want character concepts that are interesting and would help the world and interact well... Once I choose characters I'll let them know the details of what to expect, i can simply put though that I am generous off the get go.... I also prefer roll 4d6 take highest three re-roll 1's and 2's.... Most books are allowed, I just want people to ask and tell specifics.... But i gave nothing on creation for a reason, don't sweat the stats yet, show me an interesting person in a new world, then the numbers can flow and be worried about.

Sorry if I seemed agitated, I just like knowing what I'm allowed to work with when thinking up a character. I like my boxes, they let me do wonderfully cool things, like George Lucas until they took his box away and gave him CGI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggeem View Post
Sorry if I seemed agitated, I just like knowing what I'm allowed to work with when thinking up a character. I like my boxes, they let me do wonderfully cool things, like George Lucas until they took his box away and gave him CGI.
I like you already sir