OOC: Lights, Camera, Action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by series0 View Post
Just out of curiosity is the Scales campaign a pre-programmed set of scenarios people have access to the keys for? How much is the storyline and embedded material changed from what is published if so?

I have never played the campaign so I am wondering if I should go read the stuff?
It is a pre published adventure path, but generally speaking, going and reading the adventure kills a lot of the fun and spoils the surprise. There may be companion articles from the Dragon component of the wizards magazines. They used to do that back when the magazines were physical copy instead of electronic. In which case, reading the first of those articles wouldn't be a bad call, but further on you'll find a lot of spoilers.

OK TY, I agree by the way. So where are we in the story so I know not to read past that point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by series0 View Post
OK TY, I agree by the way. So where are we in the story so I know not to read past that point?
We're still in the first module, and the adventure contains a lot of spoilers for the campaign. It really isn't appropriate reading material. As I mentioned, if there is a dragon magazine equivalent, the first one should be safe to read.

I'll just take the story as it comes then. No reading. All good. I just didn't want to slow folks down learning the backstory.

EHm. I've recently been told that the Coure Attendant per rules as written cannot really speak, except to communicate with his/her master. Obviously, I've been breaking that rule a lot already. If you want me to change that (starting now, need to find some IC reason), let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayeba View Post
EHm. I've recently been told that the Coure Attendant per rules as written cannot really speak, except to communicate with his/her master. Obviously, I've been breaking that rule a lot already. If you want me to change that (starting now, need to find some IC reason), let me know.
I am really enjoying the interaction between your characters, and he they combine to make a well rounded contribution to the group as a whole. Please continue to have her be outspoken and grouchy, it's far preferred!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayeba View Post
I agree with Ashe- it allows you (as the player) to show multiple reactions to any situation, which in turn gives the rest of us more to react to. I like it- it's a cool quirk.

I assumed that Marisa was a familiar of some kind, and that you were just roleplaying her portion as well. I had no idea that there were new rules for Coure Attendants. Which book are they in, so I might peruse them?

- Logain

I also like the talky little eladrin. Very nice. Three voices - one character! Unique!

I think the Coure Attendants are familiars. The golem though(or warforged)??!!? What is that?

Warforged are intelligent constructs from the world of Ebberon. They weren't handled particularly well (couldn't regenerate damage same way as other races, needed specially constructed parts or niche magical practitioners to fix them), but in the new edition I like them much better.

It's basically a constructed golem with a soul- in my games, I usually steal the idea from Dragon Age that they actually used the soul of a person as part of the ritual to construct them. In my current face-to-face game, there is a warforged, and we agreed that he was once a dwarf, so he's started 'remembering' parts of his past life as he goes up in level.

- Logain

Series0, you haven't been introduced yet, right?

I wanted to make sure I wasn't being rude or ignoring anyone.

- Logain