Notices

OOC: Lights, Camera, Action?

My email address is my username here (L-zero-G-four-one-N) @ gmail.com

I'll gladly send the character sheet to you- what format would you prefer?

Also, sorry about going missing earlier this week (and late last week). My wife has been sick with a really bad cold (as well as preggo), and I managed to get it from her at the same time we had internet go out at work, so my posting capability was severely limited. I still tried to stick my head in here daily, but you know how it goes.

Edit: I looked at my character sheet on that site, and it has my AC as 15. Erron is wearing armor (he wasted a feat on it, after all), so I thought it was higher than that.

- Logain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayeba View Post
How's it going?
Going pretty well, how about you?

My poor husband has been inundated with RL, but it should be back under control soon. Hopefully this evening or in the morning, he will get things moving along again

No problem, we all understand that real life takes precedence.

Can the rest of us 'chat in character' in the game while the elf scouts ahead again?

- Logain

Okay, so how are we rolling for things? I don't have a strong preference, but these boards actually have dicerollers built into the BBCode that are pretty nifty.

Here are some examples:
[dice=Erron attempts to punch a gnome in the face]1d20+2[/dice]
Erron attempts to punch a gnome in the face:
Dice Roll:
1d20+2
d20 Results: 11 (Total = 13)

[roll=Erron really dislikes gnomes]1d20+1[/roll]
Dice Roll: 1d20+1
d20 Results: 17 (Total = 18)
Erron really dislikes gnomes

[roll=Erron really dislikes gnomes]1d20+1z[/roll]
Dice Roll: 1d20+1z
d20 Results: 3 (Total = 4)
Erron really dislikes gnomes (4)

There are functions for taking the better of two rolls (for Avengers and stuff), or adding multiple dice to the same roll (for damage with backstab, quarry, or magical item critical damage). Pretty cool stuff.

If you want to use the roller for iplay4E, I'll be fine with that, too. Just wanted you to be aware.

- Logain

That's a good question, actually. In the past, I use the dice sitting beside my mousepad and just make all the rolls. If you guys would prefer to use the electronic dice in the program for the majority of your actions, and trust me on any additional rolls needed to be made, that would work for me, too. Might save me a few minutes in posting, too!

If doing so, I'd prefer the first method you displayed, the other two are less iPad friendly, as it involves refreshing the whole screen to see the results, whereas the first set displays nicely in-text.

Tim.

Ashe: It's an advantage if you link to any new thread from the last story thread. A disadvantage with the forum is that it takes time to realize there's a new thread up. The forum subscription is "only" daily, which can be quite a bit of a delay, while the thread subscriptions are instant. By making a post in the last story thread, we'll know instantly... as long as we're watching our mail. I think more of us read our mail regularly than browse the forum regularly.

The thread is here, by the way: http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=181172