Old Aug 13 '12, 11:49pm
Evil kitty

Final Fantasy: Shared Dreams

Final Fantasy: Shared Dreams - Forum
Homebrew
Ad Closes: Aug 26 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 5

The BasicsI am looking for 5-6 capable players for a journey into the realms of Final Fantasy. The basic premise is that you are High School students dragged into a fantasy realm and offered the chance to change The World... But at what cost?

In the real world, your character is a student at the St Martin Institute in the year 2012... And everything seems as it should be. You have a class schedule, room and board on the campus... And everything is normal as far as you can tell. On the other side, it is much like the medieval world. A land of Kings, magic and dragons, and the promise of a way home if you choose to seek it...

Character Generation
  • Charaters are level 1. While you will be picking your character classes at this time, you can not, for example, cast magic in the 'real world'.
  • Classes: Any in the core rulebook, no home-brewed. Note: I will not allow class changes without a very good reason.
  • Goals: I want you to come up with a few things that interest you... Maybe you wish to fly on a dragon's back, or save a princess (or prince). The World wants to keep you there, and will create situations that will draw you father and farther from what is home.
  • Applications will be placed on the forum, and I will try to give you feed back on your work.

Game Description:

The dreams began about 3 months ago, the day before you got the acceptance letter to the St Martin Institute, a highly prestigious private boarding in Seattle Washington. And you were given a free ride including a monthly stipend. Your parents were unbelievably proud of you. But the thing is, you did not apply....

The dreams were rather simple really... Old medieval villages, wizards, knights and dragons. At first they seemed like little more than figments than an overactive imagination... But as the first day of school draws closer, they get clearer in your waking minds. It is almost like it is calling to you, though you can not tell where that path will lead.

This game is going to draw from the tradition of Sliders and Erfworld, a world that is so similar to our own but ever so slightly off. While you are in the “real” world, you are normal high school students... But once you are on the other side of the looking glass, you will find yourself able to do things you never could have dreamed of. And the real question is... Would you want to go back?

The game system will be using the Final Fantasy d6 rules, which can be found http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173958

That was a prop? That's odd, I could have sworn that I crushed a few goblins along with it....

Though keep in mind that if you guys set fire to my stage again, I am sending you the bill for the damages.

QUESTION!!

Do our characters absolutely have to look the same between worlds? I mean, is it possible for the character to have a physical transformation when they cross over, so that they look differently than they do in the real world?

If you have your heart set on it, I might -might- be willing to allow it if you wow my socks off. A well written character will almost always trump a ruling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggeem View Post
That was a prop? That's odd, I could have sworn that I crushed a few goblins along with it....
Those were costumed mogels... ; ; Now im going to have to either employ children or the lollypop guild for short actors.

Ok, so general rundown:

Alec, at a young age, is caught up in a shooting (haven't decided the specifics) while taking care of his younger brother. He throws himself in front of his brother as protection, a bullet rips through his back and still has enough force to drill into his brother's heart. Dead brother, crippled Alec.

Doctors say that the bullet didn't hit Alec's spine, so he should be able to walk after some physical therapy, but he never recovers. His dead legs are all in his head, as sort of a self-punishment for not saving his brother. Fast-forward a couple years, this whole dream/fantasy thing goes down, he's thrown into the new fantasy land with working legs, and he discovers himself to be a Paladin, destined to Heal and Protect.

@Lothmar: My problem with the lollypop guild is that their rates are not fair market prices, and they do not offer bulk discounts... But if you are willing to pay the appropriate price in gumballs, they are hard workers.

@Greyfeld: Awesome, run with it.

~sigh~ I swore I'd never go union if I could help it... Maybe capturing monsters for the play would provide a more realistic experience? ~strokes chin~

For the records, the DM is a union member... so you might not want to speak badly about union labor >.>

Bus Driver if I remember correctly. ^^

You do admit though as an employer in this hypothetical scenario - these are my jobs and I have the right to employ/not employ anyone I desire though correct? In fact you yoursefl seemed to be steering me away from the choice of the Guild initially. ~chuckle~

All kidding aside my problem isn't with all unions, in fact I know there are members of unions who are good hardworking people and their Unions actually have their/the companies best interests at heart as they realize that it is a symbiotic realitionship.

I even have some friends/acquaintances that are union, even if they were relatively forced into it and admittedly most of them would rather the union be dissolved and actively work towards this through all legal means/channesl, but for various reasons I wont get into that we discuss on the porch over cold drinks.

I unfortunately, work in the office (non union) of a manufacturing company (Union line workers) with one of the bad ones that limits the companies freedoms and profits and may even drive us into a (hopefully temporary) closure/restructuring/other extreme methods just so we can void these contracts and start over without the union. I wont include any of my aweful experiences i've had while working here for over a decade though since you actively expressed a desire for me not to speak badly of union labor. Bad apples aside, if I can help it I wouldn't work anywhere else.