Old Aug 18 '12, 6:09am
Diamond Dogs

Suicide Squad: Busted Flush

Suicide Squad: Busted Flush - Forum
Mutants and Masterminds
Estimated Members Requested: 6

Suicide Squad
Busted Flush

Calling Card"Mrs Waller." The dry crackle of the generals voice echoed form the speaker. She hadn't been expecting the call, not this late anyways. "An incident has occurred, in Arizona."

Clenching the sides of her oaken desk, Amanda Waller's eyes narrowed as the words echoed out through the room. She had been expecting them to talk of formalities, perhaps a new shipment of meta human prisoners. "What kind of incident?" Her voice was deep, husky even, and didn't betray her nerves.

"It seems that Kobra has taken over a Cadmus research lab. It's unclear how exactly they learned of the lab itself, but the attack was two fold. Exterior and interior, brutal and efficient." The General's voice was flat and even, a dry crackling sound that seemed to be a mixture of crunching gravel and sandpaper.

"Well, that is regrettable, but what does that have to do with me?" Feeling a lump form in her throat, Mrs Waller knew what the General wanted. But it wouldn't serve her here to come out and be blunt. Not yet. Despite months of planning ... it wasn't quite ready. Not yet.

A silence filled the room, as the General paused.

"Don't play dumb. Get them suited and ready. The League can't know of the labs existence, and the Black Hawks aren't equipped for this. Task Force X is being called into duty. I want them in Arizona in eight hours. You understand?" A slight rise of irritation creeped into the man's voice. It was much more serious then she had originally though.

"Yes sir. I will have them deployed within the hour." Reaching forward, her hand gently touched the disconnect button, pausing over the red glare.

"Sir? What is in the facility? What is so important?"

The words hung heavy in the air, as the General seemed to ponder the question.

"Mrs Waller, you know better then to ask."

An audible click followed, once again plunging the room into silence.

Moving her hands towards the keyboard at her desk, Amanda brought up the list of inmates. She had a short list made months ago, when the project first came under consideration. Never really expecting it to take off, at least not this quickly, she had tough decisions to make.

It was time to form the Suicide Squad.

Who Am I?Hello! I am Fell, and this is Suicide Squad: Busted Flush. Set in the newly rebooted DC Universe, Suicide Squad follows a group of six inmates of Belle Reve prison in Louisiana. Called forth into service, the inmates are offered a simple contract by the government. Serve for a period of time under the orders of Amanda Waller, and your sentence is drastically reduced.

Only, fail, and the government will disavow any knowledge of their involvement, often terminating the operatives in the process. Only the most desperate, badass, and ruthless S.O.B's can call themselves members of the Task Force X, more commonly known as The Suicide Squad.

The GameYou are Villains. Mostly. Maybe you are in prison under false accusations or are a vigilante who went one step too far. Or maybe you are just a stone cold killer who deserves to be there. Either way, you are serving at least one life sentence, if not more, in the most secure prison in the world, built to house the world most dangerous Meta Humans. For many, this is your last chance at Freedom and whatever dream of redemption, revenge, or glory still remain.

What is the tone of the game? Well, high octane action, espionage, murder, mayhem and all around villainy of course! The true tale of Anti Heroes. Similar to the Suicide Squad Comics, and the Secret Six, this game is going to almost always focus on those on the other side of the Heroes of the DC universe. What makes villains tick? Who are they beyond the masks and crime? Is there honor among thieves?

Should you still be with me, you must be asking yourself, "Now, what about the crunch?" Well, how good of you to ask!

The PL is 10. Now, characters don't have to be direct copies from the DC Universe. I am not looking for direct copies. If you want to play Deadshot, play a new on, a version created by you. Or make a new hero. I am fine with people assuming the title, power set, and even family ties with established heroes and villains. Just not the established characters themselves.

Now, about the Universe. This iteration of the DC Universe will not be in any of the Canon universes. In a world identical to the newly established "New 52" world, the game will launch. There will have never been a previous Suicide Squad. Beyond that, there are a few minor changes to the lore, but most everything else remains the same.

I can also say, that there will likely be a few powers that I may outright ban. If I feel like anything is broken or being abused, I will whip out the hammer and bring it thundering down!

ApplicationsPlease post all applications in the game forum, under the category labeled "Belle Reve Penitentiary", following the format listed in the Rap Sheet sample post. Post a unique thread for each application, with your name and alias.

Feel free to ask any questions!

This looks really good and i want to give it a shot. I'm new to 3e, but i've played a LOT of 2e, i never really got into 3e (its just different enough to need to be relearned but not different enough, in my opinion, to actually warrant a whole new system.. anyway i'm willing to give it a shot)

I have a concept i played in a similar 2e game that didn't really work out, which could be a lot of fun, if i can translate it to 3e. I guess i'm going to have to get used to 3e, no one seems to use 2e anymore.

That said i will have to give it a look over and make sure i have a concept that fits. I've never been very much into DC, more into Marvel. They are similar though, after all. Just have to make sure i'm picking the right sort of powers for this. What sort of.. generally, powers are we looking for? I have a nice, tight mass-TK style character, and a Mind Control type of character (this is one that normally gets banned, so i figure it pays to ask first)

Suicide Squad sounds like fun, I will most likely just make a Serial Killer who learned how to summon demons to help him do his work. Weapon of Choice, the chainsaw of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrever View Post
Right now I am leaning towards an assassin that can turn her body into different kinds of gas.
Sounds perfect!

Quote:
Suicide Squad sounds like fun, I will most likely just make a Serial Killer who learned how to summon demons to help him do his work. Weapon of Choice, the chainsaw of course.
Just keep in mind, you have to be mentally stable enough to warrant being inducted into the program.

Also, I am not a huge fan of the mystical arts. They can be very difficult to pull off and not make them cheesy, or alternatively, over powered.

Quote:
What sort of.. generally, powers are we looking for? I have a nice, tight mass-TK style character, and a Mind Control type of character (this is one that normally gets banned, so i figure it pays to ask first)
As I mentioned above, I am not a huge fan of the mystical arts. I think they can be done quite well, ala Doctor Fate< Zatanna, Constantine, etc.

Otherwise, I also think Mind Control can be a bit iffy. As a DM, it gives me no issue, but that is one of those powers that treads the ground of breaking other players freedom. Any sort of Time Travel, Reality Alteration, or Variable/Power enhancing skill sets are off putting to me.

I am more a fan of the classic Suicide characters. Deadshot is a great example. World class criminal and assassin. He isn't mentally unstable, not going to just murder people for the sake of it, and reasonable to deal with. Those are the types of character that the group should be made of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmm View Post
For reference, I'll be making a Light Force dude. Think Green Lantern, but way cooler.
Keep in mind, you are villains, for the most part. You may have the hear of a hero, but ultimately you should have some villainous element, so you character would be believably put into jail.

By Light Force, do you mean one of the other ring groups?

Kinda. I was going to have it be a member of one of the other Corps...but after a bit of thinking, I decided that I'd like to make my own "Version", so he's an individual who isn't part of the Corps. Specifically he has 2 rings, both are required to activate his powers(unlike the 1 ring of the Corps), the Ring of Light and Ring of Shadow. It has the same basic concept as the Power Rings though.

Well, just keep in mind the setting.

Power Rings might be a good bit more powerful then the prison is wiling to give free reign.

I'd be interested to here the origin story anyways, and how he/she relates to the other corps.

So here is what I have been thinking so far power wise. Her basic gas form would have Flight, Insubstantial 2, Concealment (visual), and some Immunity (have not decided of what just yet). She would then have an array to represent different gasses like poison gas, sleep gas, caustic gas, explosive gas (possibly with a side effect for hurting her own self when she blows up the gas that makes up her body), and suffocation for removing oxygen. I am also considering some regeneration by added the gasses around her to her own body.

So she will be a great unseen killer able to get into any room that is not airtight and even those she could make an entrance by turning into a gas that can melt its way through.

Let me know if you have any problems with any of that let me know.

I have an idea for a mid tier villain who would have hired out as muscle until being caught and thrown in jail. His power would be a metahuman who metamorphs into a giant rhino beetle type creatures. Probably enhanced strength, a little growth, and protection. The basic powerhouse set of abilities.