Crimson Tides of Aragoss

Old Aug 18 '12, 6:03am
Great Wyrm

Crimson Tides of Aragoss

Crimson Tides of Aragoss - Forum
Pathfinder
Estimated Members Requested: 3

Crimson Tides of Aragoss

Quick IntroHello everyone. I recently decided that I'd like to bring in a second group for my current Pathfinder Campaign, a group that would be starting in a much different location then the first group but would eventually meet up down the road. The idea here is to have multiple plot events that effect the story happening at the same time, and eventually fitting together like puzzle pieces.

Crunchy Bits
  • 20 Point Buy.
  • Starting Level 2.
  • Standard Wealth-by-level.
  • Racial Attribute adjustments are applied after spending your points.
  • Allowed Races: Human, Elf, Dwarf. One Half-Orc has already been excepted, and that's the limit on that. Halflings don't exist in this world. Gnomes do, but you'll have to sell me on it.
  • No Monstrous Races.
  • HP is Max + CON modifier for your first two levels.
  • Fast XP track until level 5.
  • Allowed Classes: Anything available on the SRD, as long as it fits with the setting.
  • No 3.5/Third Party material.
  • I don't usually restrict alignments, but the premise of this game is heavily "good guys versus bad guys". That being said, there are a lot of morally grey situations.

Things to KnowThis is going to be a High role-play, heavy combat game. I'm not looking for characters that are built simply to be super powerful, unstoppable machines or characters tweaked to give you the best advantage mechanics-wise possible. Well rounded characters are going to serve you best. I am looking for people interested in telling a story, and using their RP skills to compliment their combat scenes. There is a good deal of Lore and World Information in the game forum. It's not meant to be intimidating, and it's definitely not required of you to read it all. It'll help, though.

That being said, when writing an application I am only looking for the basics. Character Name, Race, Class, Description, and Background. As well, a writing sample. I would like this writing sample to be something along the lines of the characters life in the world so far. It can be as long or as short as you'd like. Obviously, the more detail, the more likely I am to be intrigued by your character. Try to stay within the scope of your characters abilities, though.

The current group is made up of 4 players (+1 NPC'd PC and 1 missing player). Currently one person is already accepted for group 2, which means I'm only looking for another 3 players. 4 is slim, but I suppose not completely out. It depends heavily on the quality of the apps I get.

Last but not least
  • Applications go here.
  • Character creation questions can be asked in the ad, or here.
  • Setting information is found in the relevant game forum section

I think that's it!

Game Description:

For the last five days seemingly endless rain has plagued the village of Stone Mill, a sleepy town near the South Western border of the Kingdom of Aragoss. What had initially only been planned as a brief stop to re-supply and seek rest for a time has turned into an unavoidable and dreary stay in this backwater town. With the roads completely flooded, merchants and less experienced travelers have found themselves stuck in doors with nothing to do but hope that the weather clears up soon. To make matters worse even if you did decide to brave the flooded roads, the Mayor has ordered the town gates be locked in response to increased Bandit activity coming out of the Scarred Lands. Rumors also circulate that a powerful host of Barbarians has been massing in the low mountains to the North, their eyes fixed on Stone Mill. With the King and most of his army deep within Threlen territory on a secretive mission, tensions run high, and it seems that the problems that plague the region will go unsolved.

Meanwhile to the west, tensions have been running high in the Kingdom of Threle for months. With the King of Aragoss and the majority of his army so close to Threlen borders without any reason given, the diplomatic scene is abuzz and many nerves are close to fraying. To make matters worse, merchants who ply their trade by land have recently had their caravans come under attack by bandits out of the Scarred Lands. Only recently have matters escalated to an alarming level, as a carriage under armed guard carrying the Threlen Minister of Coin's wife and daughter was attacked. All the guards were killed, and the wife and daughter were presumably kidnapped. With the Threlen Army unable to leave the Capital due to the issues with Aragoss, the Minister has privately recruited and funded a small group to go in and find traces of his missing daughter and wife. You are a member of this group.

Last edited by DarkJester; Aug 21 '12 at 7:08am..
Woops. I forgot to mention that in the Game Description section, everything after "Meanwhile to the west" is relevant to Group 2.

Sweet! Can I submit an app as a caravan guard who's caravan has been 'trapped' in Stone Mill since the Mayor's decree? (Human fighter submission using the 'War College' template from the campaign guide for increased skill points but losing the fighter's 1st lvl feat?)

Are black powder weapons allowed in this world? I saw the holy gun paladin application, but figured I'd ask before giving character concepts more thought...

Argh, darnit! Why do I keep looking at the games and ads forum, I see good-looking games popping up and have to try and join!

I have serious self control issues sometimes, lol. >_<

Can I play a Lawful Evil character?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enilas View Post
Can I play a Lawful Evil character?
I don't like restricting alignments. The only issue is that the PC's are meant to be the "good guys", though in a morally grey world. I'd be able to answer better if I knew the concept you had in mind, to see if it fit with the campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandergant View Post
Sweet! Can I submit an app as a caravan guard who's caravan has been 'trapped' in Stone Mill since the Mayor's decree? (Human fighter submission using the 'War College' template from the campaign guide for increased skill points but losing the fighter's 1st lvl feat?)
Group 2 actually isn't in Stone Mill, the information relevant to Group 2 is actually the second paragraph in the game description. That being said, he could have been a caravan guard for one of the caravans that was attacked near Threle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockroachTeaParty View Post
Are black powder weapons allowed in this world? I saw the holy gun paladin application, but figured I'd ask before giving character concepts more thought...
I've just been on for the first time since posting the ad and haven't had a chance to look at the app, but unfortunately no, black powder weapons aren't available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhntr7 View Post
Argh, darnit! Why do I keep looking at the games and ads forum, I see good-looking games popping up and have to try and join!

I have serious self control issues sometimes, lol. >_<
Haha, glad you think it looks good.

Well, specifically, I want to play a Lawful Evil Necromancer. She's not actively evil in any abstract or cosmic sense. Its more like she's amoral, rather than immoral. She takes no pleasure in causing others to suffer, or hurting others, and doesn't propagate evil on its own. Rather, she's just completely unwilling to let things get in her way, if doing 'evil' things will help her achieve her goals.

But she also doesn't go around killing people indiscriminantly, or other indiscriminate evil, also because its just too messy. Like I said, she's not immoral, she's amoral, and while she doesn't pretend she isn't evil, she also is, at the end of the day, a 'normal' person, rather than some grand villian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enilas View Post
Well, specifically, I want to play a Lawful Evil Necromancer. She's not actively evil in any abstract or cosmic sense. Its more like she's amoral, rather than immoral. She takes no pleasure in causing others to suffer, or hurting others, and doesn't propagate evil on its own. Rather, she's just completely unwilling to let things get in her way, if doing 'evil' things will help her achieve her goals.

But she also doesn't go around killing people indiscriminantly, or other indiscriminate evil, also because its just too messy. Like I said, she's not immoral, she's amoral, and while she doesn't pretend she isn't evil, she also is, at the end of the day, a 'normal' person, rather than some grand villian.
I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work, and probably fits well with how morals work the majority of the time in this world. Feel free to come up with something

Excellent!