A Whole New World (Group 1)

 
"It seems you are disliked in many places. It's unfortunite, you seem like a decent folk to me. My name is Griffard, and I hope to bring some guidance, and acceptance, to this new world." As he speaks, Griffard shakes out of his near-black jacket, revealing a chain shirt and 4 daggers, in addition to his (previously unmentioned) rapier.

The strix relaxed, as the peasants ran. "I guess the whole new world thing isn't as free from prejudice as I would have hoped," he commented, sadly, to the friendly human.

"We really do want to live in peace," he continued, almost pleadingly. "Even back home... We only fought to defend ourselves, but... I think they saw it differently."

"Perhaps if you lived among other races, it might be easier for you," the man says hopefully, but with a knowledge of how humans treat each other, let alone others. "But, that may have to come in time. For now, we must each secure our shelter, if we are to make it through the night."
With that, Griffard begins heading towards the piles of building supplies, picking up his spear and his pack as he goes.

(Perception, for creatures paying too much attention to him and his dealings
Dice Roll: 1d20+11
d20 Results: 14 (Total = 25)

Nuxokog nodded. "Perhaps. I suppose... Well, we will have to do a better job of sending representatives to talk to the hum... To other races," he admitted.

"We will be flying to the mountains. If you could get there, you would be welcome in our camp; we tend to hang our tents from the trees and cliffs, though, so I don't know much about helping you make shelter here, on the plains," the winged humanoid shrugged.

"I've slept in worse places. It's good to know where I'll be welcome." Griffard continues to the pile of materials, looking back, "I'll be around here, most likely. Since I have some small experience with keeping buildings standing, I can at least lend a hand to those around."

He moves among some of the other humanoids near the materials, gathering what they need for the day, and ask a few to help him.

(General diplomacy for a request, three people) "May I have your help with a small project to get things started here?."

Diplomacy:
Dice Roll: 1d20+10
d20 Results: 6 (Total = 16)

Dice Roll: 1d20+10
d20 Results: 12 (Total = 22)

Dice Roll: 1d20+10
d20 Results: 20 (Total = 30)



Some villagers huddled and looked at each other in groups, they mutter softly to one another before a blacksmithy looking man steps forward and takes a shovel, "Well then.... let's get started, our new houses aren't going to build themselves." He chuckeld and started to build a house close to the pile.

"Agreed, sir. But if I may offer up an idea for the moment? Might I suggest, we build a communal sleeping area?" Griffard says, trying to be as cautious and courtious. "It would provide some shelter while homes are built, give everyone a common goal at first, and it could provide the basis of a medical center once people move on."

Diplomacy:
Dice Roll: 1d20+10
d20 Results: 19 (Total = 29)

"That was the plan my boy, a common shelter, then one house at a time. Those with children and the elderly first...I've been around a lot longer than you young'n, but believe you and me I still got some fight..... Now come on men we got some building to do!" More men started to head over and dig the holes for the supports. Some very burly women wearing almost only bits of fur, some missing a breast come over and help as well. With this many people helping a shelter will be up in no time!

Nuxokog turned back to his tribe, and tried to help them get ready to fly off to the mountain. What was left of them, anyway.




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status