Congrats to those new people.
The Top of the Mountain
Top of the Mountain - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 4e
Estimated Members Requested: 5
"Come over here, child. Let me tell you a story."
So many adventurers started just this way, with a grandfather or elder sitting you down and telling you stories of a far-off land with wonderous sights. He would delight you in grand, epic adventurers with untold riches and honor at the end. The good always defeated evil in the end.
Then you grew up, and realized that those stories aren't the way things really are. There is not always untold treasures at the end of an adventure, and often evil did triumph. Sometimes you had to DO evil to accomplish what you set out to do.
Life is not black and white. You learned that very quickly.
So when stories and rumors about activity starting up near the top of Wyvern Mountain, the old stories you heard come back to you. This is the same mountain that myth held had dragons and wyverns and other hordes of monsters. This is the same mountain that held untold treasures, according to some.
But you also know stories aren't the way things really are. You know other adventurers have climbed the mountain, only to return empty handed or not at all.
So, why are rumors about the mountain popping up now all of a sudden? Is there something new inside?
--- --- --- ---
--- Answer the following questions in the Voice of your character ---
1. Why are you an adventurer?
2. You have the choice of saving an innocent girl or killing the wizard that holds her captive. Choosing to save the girl ensures the wizard escapes, leaving no trail for you to track. Choosing to kill the wizard ensures the death of the girl. Which do you do and why?
3. How do you like your eggs cooked and why?
4. If you were a king/queen, what would be your first edict?
5. What is your one regret in life?
A 4th Edition Adventure designed for 5 3rd level characters.
Last edited by ComicsFan; Aug 22 '12 at 4:56pm..
|Something about a heavenly choir singing of adventures to come. ...Yeah. He's probably just out kicking over a merchant's stall or something. :P|