Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Let's Play Guild Wars 2!!

All I'm going to say is that the Lovers were a total pain in the ass. I'm glad I don't have to fight them again.

The first time I fought them, our group had trouble holding them apart. The second time I was with all guildies, and we created a circle of ranged attackers. They never moved, and just pelted them until they died.

Well, they moved once when we moa birded the woman. But we recovered quick.

Plowed through to 400 chef, going from level 45 to level 55

Easy to do once you get it set up, but that took me a few hours and a lot of deaths running through zones 20+ levels higher than me

Are you working on your own or with the support of a guild or friends behind you for collection? (BTW cooking is really tough, kudos)

Are guilds account-wide, or limited to whatever character you joined with? I ask because I have a tendency to hop around between multiple alts, and having to make everybody in a guild I join try to remember the names of all my different alts would just be mean lol.

They are account wide, although the first name they show is the character name you are using, but they also have in smaller, less noticeable font, the account name (without the number tag) of the person controlling that character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
Are you working on your own or with the support of a guild or friends behind you for collection? (BTW cooking is really tough, kudos)
Actually, cooking is really easy

There's a few karma heart vendors you need to do quests for and a bunch of areas you need to run through (which can be quite difficult when you're level 40 running through a level 60 area) but once you've done that it's relatively inexpensive to just plow through stacks of ingredients to max your skill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdle View Post
The first time I fought them, our group had trouble holding them apart. The second time I was with all guildies, and we created a circle of ranged attackers. They never moved, and just pelted them until they died.

Well, they moved once when we moa birded the woman. But we recovered quick.
I was with guildmates myself. Turns out that I, as the condition damage focused-Necro, was the most durable of all of us. What ended up happening was that I switched to double-dagger to go distract the man, relying on blinds, weakness, death shroud, and healing to keep me alive while the rest of the group took care of the woman. Our ele was switching elements more than he ever has, trying to wipe out the illusion mages while keeping heals going out. I actually almost lasted the entire time it took them to bring down the woman before going down, and even then I was working on keeping them apart via my fear.

Oh, and boulders. The boulders were key.

Necros are remarkably sturdy, even before Death Shroud. I have a support Necro build that I use in tournament PvP. He has very little killing power but his durability is such that he has to be focused and CCed to be killed.