Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Let's Play Guild Wars 2!!

Fort Aspenwood here, my guardian is Rynth Casrilian with the Knights of Reason. I spend alot of time in WvW with my guild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystmesis View Post
Actually, cooking is really easy

There's a few karma heart vendors you need to do quests for and a bunch of areas you need to run through (which can be quite difficult when you're level 40 running through a level 60 area) but once you've done that it's relatively inexpensive to just plow through stacks of ingredients to max your skill
Personally, I'm more focused on discovering new recipes than I am hitting max level. Well, that, and crafting every dye at least once.

You know, I really feel that the dyes you craft should mark their color in your chef tab after you unlock them, rather than maintaining that "unidentified dye" crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitou Kage View Post
Necros are remarkably sturdy, even before Death Shroud. I have a support Necro build that I use in tournament PvP. He has very little killing power but his durability is such that he has to be focused and CCed to be killed.
Yeah, I've met up with some tough Necro builds, usually minion-master. I can usually only try to fight them as a mesmer, which leads to two armies fighting on one point, with there only being two actual characters there. But Mesmer CC is definitely helpful.

I made 25 rare unidentified yellow dyes and opened 5 of them, getting nothing of value

Debating whether I should continue opening them, or just trying to sell them all for 7~ silver each

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystmesis View Post
I made 25 rare unidentified yellow dyes and opened 5 of them, getting nothing of value

Debating whether I should continue opening them, or just trying to sell them all for 7~ silver each
Do they come out different shades of yellow for every one you create?

Also, if they're selling for that much, I would totally sell them on the TP.

It's like an unidentified dye consumable, except it only gives yellow dyes, in the common-rare varities

Yellow dyes are the absolute cheapest dyes for a chef to make, partially because no one likes yellow and partially because they can be made purely through karma purchases

A rare red unidentified dye goes for 75 silver, but the raspberries alone would cost 50+ silver to purchase

I don't know when the last time you sold one of those yellow dyes was, because currently the Fine-ranked unidentified yellow dyes are selling for less than 2 silver a piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdle View Post
Yeah, I've met up with some tough Necro builds, usually minion-master. I can usually only try to fight them as a mesmer, which leads to two armies fighting on one point, with there only being two actual characters there. But Mesmer CC is definitely helpful.
My necro right now goes 30 Death, 30 Blood, 10 Curses. It's focused mainly on the Staff as a weapon and using Wells as all my utility skills. The more I use it, the more I figure I should probably add a stun-breaker. I use Ritual of Protection (wells apply Protection when cast), Ritual Mastery (wells recharge 20% faster), and Vampiric Rituals (wells siphon health with every pulse) so my wells are ridiculous. Then I have Staff Mastery and Greater Marks (20% faster recharge, marks are bigger and can't be blocked). My 6-10 skills are Well of Blood, Well of Corruption, Well of Power, Well of Darkness, and Flesh Golem. However, I'm thinking of changing Well of Darkness to Spectral Armor or Plague Signet. Plague Signet would work great with Well of Power (converts all conditions to boons).

In any case, the reason he's so hard to kill is because he has a lot of Protection and a lot of area Life Siphoning going on. He doesn't have much killing power. He's a great harassment character, and can do great things when he has a buddy. He can really do well on a one-on-one fight. But against more than one or two opponents his strength is in keeping them busy more than killing them.

Also his healing power and toughness are crazy high and necros are innately tough as it is, so that just adds to his sustainability!

Necros have the highest base health, tied with Warriors.

My final build will be 30 Spite, 30 Blood Magic, 10 Death Magic. Spite line lets me nab Focused Rituals for ground-targetted wells (you have no idea how ridiculously powerful that is). Blood magic traits net me free well of blood on reviving an ally (or 15% faster dagger recharge, or siphoning health on crits), 20% faster well recharge, and siphoning health with well pulses. Death Magic nets me protection when I cast wells.

On wells, I think I have you beat