Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Let's Play Guild Wars 2!!

YOLO = You Only Live Once

YOLO is You Only Live Once.. usually it means your about to do some thing stupid. Quite a few people have died after posting a YOLO statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverthorne View Post
YOLO is You Only Live Once.. usually it means your about to do some thing stupid. Quite a few people have died after posting a YOLO statement.
Usually because I kill them.

Wish that damned trend would just die already.

So I assume its something I'll see a fair bit in GW2? When I finally manage to get it.

Any other lingo I should be aware of? So I'm not constantly asking what it means.

Also, I tried doing Arah on Explorable Mode last night.

Path 4 is so hard. I mean, what the hell. The last boss is just plain broken. She hits like a normal mob, but is almost impossible to kill with a PUG group.

I have my warrior at 80 as I mentioned some time ago, and decided to roll up an engineer. Enjoying that when I have time to play, but right now my time is primarily focused on three things, and GW2 tends to be the 4th My Engineer is a lowly level 8 :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalara Shadowmist View Post
So I assume its something I'll see a fair bit in GW2? When I finally manage to get it.

Any other lingo I should be aware of? So I'm not constantly asking what it means.
You won't see YOLO much in GW2, so no worries there. Really, there's just the people looking for help on dungeons (AC=Ascalon Catacombs, TA= Twilight Arbor, etc.)

I have a question concerning crafting. Does making certain materials, such as Iron Ingots, requite multiple professions to do so? Is it just an overlap in professions being able to make the same items?

I ask because a site, which refuses to work for my home browser (worked fine at school just fine), had materials showing multiple profession levels (as requirements to make?). Basically I am very confused as I didn't know how to discern what I was looking at and if my assumption is correct, needing multiple profession's to make a certain material is rather crappy.

Ingots can be made by several different professions. Huntsman, armorsmith and weaponsmith can all make the same type of ingots. Jewelcrafting uses different types of ingots that only they can make.

Oh okay, that explains what I was seeing then. I was seeing the level requirement that each profession needed to make the specific material types. Whew. That's better. Thanks.