Golden Sun: Eternal Night

Old Aug 26 '12, 6:04pm
SMELL YA LATER, BUG FETCHER!

Golden Sun: Eternal Night

Golden Sun: Eternal Night - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 4e
Ad Closes: Sep 13 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 5

Weyard is in peril! Though the empires and people of the world live in blinding prosperity, an untold darkness is approaching. A touch of discord starts it all: a conflict between the humans of Alhafra and the Beastmen of Garoh sends sparks that threaten to ignite the entire world. Behind it all a sinister force lurks in the shadows, waiting for the right moment to strike and claim ultimate power. Will the fate that the Ancients were afraid of come to pass? Will Weyard be destroyed by the power of Alchemy...or saved by it?

The GameWelcome to Golden Sun: Eternal Night. This is a Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition game based on the successful Gameboy Advance RPG series Golden Sun. What's that? You say there was a game on the DS? I think you're crazy. That's crazy talk. GET OUT.

Aherm, where was I? The game takes place 500 years after the end of Golden Sun 2. If you have not played Golden Sun and Golden Sun 2, be warned that there are tremendous spoilers for those games here. Alchemy is no longer a myth: it is the driving force of the world, catapulting it towards powerful technologies and philosophy. In this world, almost all people are adepts, tugging at the elemental fabric of reality to create what they desire out of it. This is the world of Weyard, 500 years after the dawn of the Golden Sun.
What I'm Looking ForI am looking for 5 players to enter this mysetrious world full of surprises and wonder with me. I am looking for a balanced team (that means a Defender, Striker, Leader and Controller) with 1 wild card. All specific setting information can be found here, while all houserule information can be found here.

Also, I hope you like gaming without experience points, because there are no experience points in this game. You will be awarded levels when appropriate, at a rate that could be described as "frequent."
What Classes/Races are allowedI will start with what is not allowed: nothing from Heroes of Shadow will be allowed in this game. By association, this also means no classes that use the Shadow power source will be allowed. If you had your heart set on something from these two fields, I apologize, but I simply won't let you.

When it comes to character races, only 7 races exist in Eternal Night. The races include human, Proxian (Dragonborn), Lemurian (Eladrin), Beastmen (Shifter), Dwarves, Treants (Wilden) and Ascended (Genasi). All background information on these races can be found here. Humans and Lemurians look the same (as in no long pointy elf ears!), save for the defining characteristics of Lemurians (aquamarine hair and either blue or green eyes).

Also, when you pick your class, remember to choose one of the mandatory backgrounds provided in the houserules thread: your background is exceptionally important for this game, and you can't go without it! Themes will not be allowed.
ApplicationsAll character applications are to be posted under the game's application thread, in their own thread. Instructions on what I'm looking for can be found in the thread as well. If you are going to apply with a statblock, please apply as Level 3 characters.
When Does the Ad Close?This ad will close either on the 13th of September, or if/when I decide I like enough of the entries to make a selection.
Current ApplicantsDefenders
Fal DeMerox - Human Paladin, Mercury Adept (DrakeRaids)
Ritha Blaze - Ascended Swordmage, Mars Adept (Jak_EcoFreak)
Jarim Corlies - Human Fighter, Venus Adept

Leaders
Althea Conservato - Lemurian Cleric, Sol Adept (Little Rudo)
Hally Lonesh - Human Cleric, Sol Adept (EvilRoeSlade)
Shaeur Hesiod - Proxian Bard, Mars Adept (Noble Savant)

Strikers
Arianis Trasilis - Proxian Elementalist, Jupiter Adept (Neoblack)
Abran - Human Barbarian, Venus Adept (Tackyhillbilly)
Canan Asheheim - Dwarf Ranger, Mars Adept (Celsius)
Iorgi CrossedMoons - Lemurian Warlock/Cleric, Mercury Adept (Series0)
Ziggy Joven - Human Sorcerer/Monk, Jupiter Adept (PolkaBear)
Irill Goldcrown - Human Rogue, Venus Adept (Nexus75)
Eglin Glassfall - Dwarf Avenger, Sol Adept (Atalas)

Controllers
Diesa Vilhart - Dwarf Wizard, Jupiter Adept (Ganurath)
Selena Sequoia - Beastman Seeker, Jupiter Adept (Celtic Guardian 7)

Unfinished
Crest Cormo - Human Warlord, Venus Adept (Nasdaq)
Ametrine Delemez - Human Seeker, Jupiter Adept (Riggeem)

Any unfinished applications will not be considered.

Game Description:

The world of Weyard: long, long ago, Alchemy reigned supreme and unfettered. All nations and all people could harness the power of the elements to do amazing things: control the weather, cultivate vast swathes of land, turn lead into gold and even live forever. Humanity's unprecedented prosperity turned the entirety of the planet into a shining oasis.. But that prosperity soon led to madness: those with dark ambitions began to abuse the power of Alchemy, turning civilizations to dust and cracking the world apart in their quests for domination and power. In order to quell this immeasurable tide of dark intent, the Ancients devised a shocking and selfish plan: instead of allowing Alchemy to remain unbound, they sealed its power away for all eternity to prevent its inevitable misuse. Though a world without Alchemy seemed harsh and unforgiving to the people, the world had been saved from inevitable global cataclysm.

But though the Ancients were master practitioners of Alchemy, they did not truly understand it. For if they had, they would have known that Alchemy was the binding force of the planet, the beating heart that kept it alive. Without it, Weyard began a slow decline that lasted age upon age. The world began to wither and die, eroding away into the abyss as Gaia falls retreated ever inward. As the eons past, the populous forgot about Alchemy and remained blissfully unaware that the world itself was poised to give out underneath them, to crumble away into the inky void. If Alchemy had not been returned to the world, it would have surely died. But, perhaps thanks to fate, a group of eight unlikely children banded together to strike back at the looming destruction of the world. They traveled the plane of Weyard and relit the Elemental Beacons, giving birth to the Golden Sun and unleashing Alchemy on the world once more.

Five hundred years have passed since the dawning of the Golden Sun. Society has begun to flourish anew and the power of Alchemy once again is in the hands of the everyday people. New horizons and new peoples emerge from the glorious darkness of the past to lay claim to a bright, bold future. Humanity's aspirations have birthed glorious new technologies, as well as the pinnacle of Alchemy: the power of the Sun. But where there is day, there is also night, and a dark shadow is creeping in from Weyard's past. Can the darkness be repelled, or will it usher in an Eternal Night?

Last edited by UmbreonMessiah; Sep 13 '12 at 1:26pm..
Ladies and gentlemen, this ad, and the application process, is closed. I will be considering applicants over the next few days. I will send the winners (if you can call them that, MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAH) invitations when I have made my decisions.

Thanks to everyone who applied. I received a lot more interest than I expected. If you didn't make it, just remember there was a storm of really good applications, and I could only pick 5!