Notices

Chapter 3: Another way

Gruunk Bloodfist
Half-orc Barbarian (Berserker)
Current HP: 57/57 Bloodied: 28 Healing Surges Used: 0/9 (17)
Conditions:

Gruunk watches the metal man pound down the street after Fortune. He startes at them a few moments until the noise disappears. He looks down at the gnome for a minute and then over the Jil and says, "Did you know Fortune as a tail? Am I the only one who missed that?"

The half-orc good-naturedly slaps the gith across the back and laughs. "Come one. Let's see if we can't find out what Nymeria is after. Don't get me wrong Merrill. We'll pound the caravan like we promised. Just would be good if it didn't 'plode into a fireball of death...especially if we are close to the wagon!"

Caravans? asks the high-ranked drow slave at the library, why in the world do you think we would have information about caravans at the library? The woman shakes her head, it's mostly historical texts and spells, the latter being forbidden to anyone without the mistress' wizard permission.

Fortune's query is negatively answered, obviously, if you want to know about caravans, go to the market. Or to a caravan master, or to one of the guards. . .but a library? Why do you want to know about caravans, anyway? The drow narrows her eyes, it seems an odd request, especially here. You're not planning to try to escape, are you?

The query about the symbol is met with a derisive laugh, it's just the symbol for alchemy, you oaf. You can see it on every magic shop and ingredient merchant. It's about as common as a cold.

Fortune

"I am sorry," Fortune replies to the high-ranking drow slave in the library. "I do, however, fail to see the connection between the library and escaping. We have just returned from a task far outside the house's territory. If we wanted to escape, we would've grabbed the opportunity then."

She does take the advice of asking on the markets instead. After fetching the other three, they all head for the market and starts asking around.

She shares the knowledge about the symbol for alchemy. "One rather critical question we need to find out: How hard is it to destroy the contents? If they are hard to destroy -- like lead bars -- we've got a lot harder task on our hands than we expect. And I expect this to be pretty difficult already."

While she is interested in any information about the caravan, she is also eager to learn more about the city -- particularly what it exports -- and the area the caravan will be travelling through.

Gruunk Bloodfist
Half-orc Barbarian (Berserker)
Current HP: 57/57 Bloodied: 28 Healing Surges Used: 0/9 (17)
Conditions:

Gruunk shrugs and comes along to try to help.