Notices

Who is ambushing who? - Battle!

Unit suddenly bursts into motion, moving with heavy, thundering steps up to the gnome. He stops right in front of it, looming about twice the height of the small gnome. With a quick motion, he retrieves a small, blue-shimmering ampule from one of his many pockets. He attaches it to his metal staff, in a slot that seems to have been designed specifically for that purpose. With a seemingly pointless motion, he slams the staff into the ground in front of the gnome. Then he stands there, motionlessly, unless attacked.

Marisa, meanwhile, does her best to hide behind Unit's head, to avoid any more unintended attacks. "If someone can tell me what this stupid machine is doing, please do. I'm wondering if it has gone more insane than normal," she mumbles.

Erron moves forward and unleashes another blast of arcane energy at the suddenly beleaguered gnome. The gnome lets out a whimper of pain, but then fades from view, disappearing completely! Erron looks around, moving 'hidden gnomes' to the top of his list of worries, but he sees no sign of that, or any other additional threat.

Oloben looks startled at the gnomes disappearance, and he rushes forward with the swiftness his race was known for, sharp eyes scanning the room wildly, an arrow loaded to his bow and ready.

OOC
I figure this 'changes' a few things, wanted to see if it changes actions. Unit?

Init:
Enemy
Allies

Party Status

Current Effects:

Enemy Status:
M1 -68 (Defeated)
M2 -65 (Defeated)
G1 -29 (Bloodied, Marked, Invisible)
G2 -28 (Bloodied, Cursed)
H
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crypt Battle.jpg (93.5 KB, 0 views)

UnitDespite the disappearance of the gnome, Unit moves forward and enacts his bizarre plan, slamming a vial of... something, into the ground before him. Marissa inquires plaintively for insight into what the crazy machine was up to, but no answer is forthcoming...

END of Round 4

BEGINNING of Round 5

Enemies Init:

There is a faint scrambling of feet as the invisible gnome hurries about. Those who manage to hear it realize that, surprisingly, the gnome has moved through the main room, instead of retreating down the hallway. Where precisely it moved to is not readily apparent.

Moments later, however, there is a lengthy scream from the hallway to the east, followed by a somewhat high-pitched voice that cries, "What? Why?!" In the common tongue.

OOC
Actions everyone?

Init:
Enemy
Allies

Party Status

Current Effects:
Ice Shard Traps on Squares: J5 and K5

Enemy Status:
M1 -68 (Defeated)
M2 -65 (Defeated)
G1 -29 (Bloodied, Marked) <<Last Known Status.
G2 -28 (Bloodied, Cursed) <<Last Known Status.
H <<Last Known Status.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crypt Battle.jpg (96.6 KB, 0 views)

Unit stands entirely still for a few moments after the gnome have faded from sight. Then he moves extremely rapidly towards the entrance they came in by. He stops at the corner, standing entirely still again, listening for sounds of anyone moving nearby. Marisa bumps into his head as he comes very quickly to a halt, muttering some elvish-sounding words that are probably unsuitable for children.

Erron looks around carefully, trying to spot anything he can about the gnome's movements- the sound of a footfall, an odd shadow on the wall- anything to give him information about his enemy.

Unit's movement to block the other exit is good, and Erron carefully considers his next action. To Xyrhanna, he says "Tieflings have immunity to fire, right?

Placing his thumbs together and fanning out his fingers, Erron speaks words of arcane power, gesturing in the direction of the empty room. His elemental magic flares to life, filling the space with fire. Only too late does he realize that Unit will probably also be caught in the blast. "Sorry!" he shouts into the silence after the flaming eruption.

OOCThere was some mis-communication with Series about what is going on in the hallway. So there is likely some further combat-like sounds from the hallway, that shall be addressed shortly, to otherwise complete Round 5's "Enemies" Initiative.

BEGINNING of Allies Initiative

UnitMoving jerkily, Unit stomps out of the room rapidly back the way the group came, falling silent as he listens, but hears nothing beyond the continuing hunt in the eastern hallway, and that far quieter from his current position.

Erron briefly asks Xyrhanna about her racial heritage, but he seems to be mostly talking to himself, as he turns and unleashes a blast of fire that engulfs the woman and the rest of the room! Xyrhanna comes through the blast unscathed, though the last of the shimmering protection provided by Unit has vanished in the conflagration. Much to his frustration, Erron spies no sign of the fleeing gnome.

((Actions received privately)) Xyrhanna, steaming from the heat of Erron's spell, stays focused and listens intently for the footfalls of their retreating foe. The only sounds she hears are coming from the eastern corridor."That almost hurt." She tells Erron with a frown as she strides past him into the eastern hallway.

OOC:Map will be updated after resolving Series' actions. Please hold off on posting your actions until that is taken care of.

Init:
Enemy
Allies

Party Status

Current Effects:

Enemy Status:
M1 -68 (Defeated)
M2 -65 (Defeated)
G1 -29 (Bloodied, Marked) <<Last Known Status.
G2 -28 (Bloodied, Cursed) <<Last Known Status.

H <<Last Known Status.

Coyote answers the gnome in common and loudly, "These folks are more my type of people than you and your partner ever were. I certainly will not let you attack them."

These dice sets were omitted or moved: 1d6z

Plainly visible to Xyrhanna now, and audible to those in the next room, the darkly dressed humanoid replies to the gnomes plaintive question with action and verse. While the whipping blade, attached as it was by a long length of chain, draws sparks from the ground at the scrambling gnome's feet, having missed the mark by mere inches, his words strike home nicely. "These folks are more my type of people than you and your partner ever were. I certainly will not let you attack them"

END of Enemies Initiative.

OOC
Actions all Allies?

Init:
Enemy
Allies

Party Status

Current Effects:

Enemy Status:
M1 -68 (Defeated)
M2 -65 (Defeated)
G1 -29 (Bloodied, Cursed)
G2 -37 (Defeated)
H
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crypt Battle.jpg (93.9 KB, 0 views)

Coyote says, "Greetings good lady. I have decided to throw in my lot with you and your fine company. These scoundrels were but a bit of information."