2: The God of Vengeance

 

Arcangelo Molinelli


Arcangelo studies the tree and shivers as the words ring inside his head or was that his ears? His senses seemed to have difficulty focusing so he tried to dis spell any illusions used upon him as he Gazed focusing on both the tree and his immediate environs. He spoke almost without thinking, "Do you hear that?"

Dice Roll: 2d10s8e10cz
d10 Results: 3, 2 (Total Successes = 0)
Gaze of the Wise (0)
I only have 8 dice for this spell. I'm assuming the tree is unwilling, if it can be? Using a WP to add 3 dice and hopefully prevent a Dramatic failure.
OOC



Brother Michael Fisher


Michael shivers and frowns as he calls out softly to try and avoid being overheard, "Don't go any closer. There is something... strange about that tree. I don't feel it is safe for any of us to get any closer." He tried to explain it while being explanatory and vague at the same time, it was an exercise in futility but he had to try. He stumbles slightly as Alona pushes him forward but he stands his ground and doesn't move any closer. He tries to figure out what he is looking at as he looks to the tree and the 4 limbed thing next to it.

Dice Roll: 5d10s8e10cz
d10 Results: 9, 8, 8, 4, 10, 2 (Total Successes = 4)
Perception (4)

"My name is Oleg, and I will not fall... wait, was that you who said that?" says Oleg. He stumbles towards the tree for a few steps.

Ben shoots Michael a sidelong glance. "Something strange about the tree? THAT tree? You don't say." The comment, which is a loud whisper through clenched teeth, drips with sarcasm. "Spidey sense telling you anything about the rest of this place, or just the oh-so-subtle tree?"

Choking down his revulsion, Matt pulls out his revolver and stops with the others. He doesn't aim it yet, since he doesn't know what his target should be, but he feels better having some sort of defense at hand.

Martin Gomez

"I don't think it's safe either, but I haven seen neither hide nor hair of safe since I arrived at that barn and I very much doubt that safe hangs around in a place like this."

Despite his words, Martin doesn't get any closer to the thing and the tree than Michael and even tries to keep his voice down.

"So the question isn't It is safe? but Is it necessary?. I'd volunteer, but I unfortunately left my gun in my .. at home."

Alona pulled the rather large knife out of her belt and stepped out from behind Micheal. "OK so... Some one needs to investigate right?"

THOSE BELOW

Upon further investigation, Michael, you find that the four-legged body belongs to a young man. His features are unrecognizable, bloated and torn apart. Not only does he look like he's in a state of advanced decay, it appears he has been half-eaten, and you see whitish forms wriggling beneath his skin.

With a wet pop, you are suddenly greeted by the owner of such a form: a maggot the size of a large housecat. With little slits for eyes, it stares at you, leaning forward to sniff; its body extends and stretches out like a worm. Several other of the maggots also pop out, each stretching towards you with the same sniffing motion. A horrible stench follows,
Roll Resolve + Composure not to vomit
enough to make one retch.

The maggot closest to Michael opens its mouth. It reveals
a round, gaping maw with four sharp fangs for incisors. It gives a little hiss at you, followed by the other maggots doing the same. Then —

"SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!"

The screech is like nails on a chalkboard, mixed with shrieking breaks and a thousand, rusting hinges. The front of the body explodes in a shower of gore, a stream of pen-sized maggots rising up. Like water from a hose, they crash onto you, Michael, covered in slime and an even worse stink then before. The sheer force of their impact threatens to
Roll Dexterity + Athletics to not to fall to the ground
topple you over.


THOSE ABOVE

The next time you blink, you feel a sudden whoosh of air, light like a feather across your face. When you look again, you are no longer close to the great tree — it is several dozen yards away. There is no sign of how it was moved — not a dragging trail in the ground, not an open hole, nothing.

Dice Roll: 5d10e10s8
d10 Results: 1, 10, 7, 8, 7, 3 (Total Successes = 2)
Trying not to vomit
Matt holds his lunch down and takes a couple of steps back, bringing his pistol up, then paused, his eyes wide. He hadn't seen anything like this before and he never cared to again, but if one exploded and unleashed a swarm, what good would shooting one do? Frozen with indecision, he hesitated with his pistol trained on the maggots. At least he could try to get a shot off if one went for him.

Dice Roll: 6d10e10s8
d10 Results: 4, 3, 9, 3, 1, 9 (Total Successes = 2)
Holding down the contents of her stomach

She did her best to now throw up and took a step back, what the hell was she suppose to do against a tidal wave of insect matter? She redyed her knife, but really how much good was that going to do. Maybe if they all attacked it at once, but even that sounded like a pretty stupid ideal.

Martin Gomez

is disgusted by the scene before him, but
Dice Roll: 5d10s8e10
d10 Results: 7, 4, 8, 9, 8 (Total Successes = 3)
his last meal stays where it belongs.

So we have our volunteer.

He moves forward and gets ready to help the guy fight off the maggots.





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status