Notices

Questions and Concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon0478 View Post
You know, to be honest I'm really tempted to make two teams and NPC a jonin for one, but I'm not sure I'll have time for that. Or rather, I could make time but it would be a slower game due to making time for college and my RL game. So, out of curiosity, would you all mind having a slower game if it meant more people could get in? I know it can be frustrating to wait on people and this would probably exacerbate the issue so it could end badly depending on the players.
That depends boss. While I don't mind slow games, are you sure you WANT to run to separate games? I know you have Hisage...but honestly the one who determines the -flow- of the game(Not speed...I could care less about the speed so long as it's a consistent flow) is you, the GM. And if you decide to run two teams and set one each to yourself and Hisage, will that throw that flow of the game off?

Essentially: I don't mind either way. Your call what you can/want to handle. Don't let the fact that people will be disappointed at not getting in be the deciding factor. There are always more games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui_ View Post
Your own gender would be kind of a weird thing to not know, or do you mean someone like Konoe Subaru, where the girl is attracted to a girl who she thinks is a guy?
Both...The character doesn't know it's female AND the other character thinks she's a guy too. Crazy Drama everywhere!

If you're okay with it, dragon, I wouldn't mind a slower game for more people. Plus it always opens up the door for crossover arcs or swapping characters out between teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmm View Post
That depends boss. While I don't mind slow games, are you sure you WANT to run to separate games? I know you have Hisage...but honestly the one who determines the -flow- of the game(Not speed...I could care less about the speed so long as it's a consistent flow) is you, the GM. And if you decide to run two teams and set one each to yourself and Hisage, will that throw that flow of the game off?

Essentially: I don't mind either way. Your call what you can/want to handle. Don't let the fact that people will be disappointed at not getting in be the deciding factor. There are always more games.
Two teams would still only be six people (seven, if you pc'd one of the Jounins) which isn't really unheard of. I'm in favor of two teams, personally. . . and not only because it'd give me better chances, but because I find that more pc's lends to more rp and inter-character development is always fun. Even slash-fiction type development.

@Dragon: I am totally cool with two groups... Aside from the fact that it improves my odds of being selected >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleL1987 View Post
If you're okay with it, dragon, I wouldn't mind a slower game for more people. Plus it always opens up the door for crossover arcs or swapping characters out between teams
I think my only personal issue with it is...bad experiences in the past. When you have the smaller groups the game is more likely to survive and not have Stallers who're too occupied with other games to post...I can't say it's ALWAYS better, just more often.

Oh, having two seperate teams actually goes by pretty quick from my experience. Provided the players adequetly participate, the flow will go off pretty well for both groups.

I wouldn't mind a little slower; I woudl advise not to wait for the other team if that makes any sense. In my other game, we currently have two teams, neither of whom are ever on the same plane of time. Why, we have a week off between this mission and our next, which will put us a total of 9 days ahead of the other group if we skip ahead entirely.

I wouldnt' mind two groups; it's better than all thsoe characters going to waste, and with my own games and my own university, there's only so fast i can be anyway. Plus with my timezone difference to at least a few of the players, I probably won't even notice the difference

Also it wasn't fanfiction, per se. It was just a non canon sidestroy taht evolved from our IC quizes. I had my character set up to just take a quiz IC from Double to help flesh otu some of her details buy asking her questions now rather than later since I found taht to be an efficient system. It kind of eveolved very rapidly from there. Take that how you wnat it but I, in my ego, choose to believe it is the strength of our characters to naturally take their form for heavy RP even in an originally shallow environment. It's given me new inospiration for thsi game, really, the thought of using this character more broadly

As a note, there's 13 Characters including Ultima's. So the choice is either 7 or 10 Characters not getting in. So I stand by my comment of "Whatever you want to handle. Don't let the number of people who would be upset be a determining factor."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracehyde View Post
Also it wasn't fanfiction, per se. It was just a non canon sidestroy taht evolved from our IC quizes. I had my character set up to just take a quiz IC from Double to help flesh otu some of her details buy asking her questions now rather than later since I found taht to be an efficient system. It kind of eveolved very rapidly from there. Take that how you wnat it but I, in my ego, choose to believe it is the strength of our characters to naturally take their form for heavy RP even in an originally shallow environment. It's given me new inospiration for thsi game, really, the thought of using this character more broadly
Sorry, I was just poking fun. .
And maybe a little Jealous