Questions and Concerns

another question. I'm pretty sure i know this answer but I want to make sure. Any tech you have you are considered to be competent as a base correct?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkninja0200 View Post
another question. I'm pretty sure i know this answer but I want to make sure. Any tech you have you are considered to be competent as a base correct?.
All Selected Techniques begin with Mastery 0. So no, they don't begin with "Competence".

Dark > Do also keep in mind, there's several "Special" types of Jutsu. Without some kind of exceptional story, don't expect to get 2 different types of "Hijutsu". Forbidden Jutsu you should probably check with the Boss before taking. Same with Lost Jutsu.

Well I wasn't expecting to go big in the beginning. To be honest I'm semi new to d20 altogether, which is probably why I'll ask someone on here to look over my profile to see if it looks good o.o

Quick refresher on perform requirements, please? If it says Perform requirement 3 ranks (DC15), for a Taijutsu skill, what needs to be rolled to perform the jutsu? Do you use your Perform skill to beat DC 15 or your taijutsu skill to beat the DC? Or if have 3 (skill?) ranks in Taijutsu you do it without a perform check? I guess I am mostly confused if the Perform skill is used or the particular skill (taijutsu, ninjutsu, chakra control, genjutsu) is used for the perform check.

The 3 ranks is how many ranks you need in the relevant skill to bypass the perform requirements. The DC 15 is what you need to beat with a relevant skill check (in this case the relevant skill is taijutsu).

So let's say I want to use Hyuuga Style: Gentle Fist - First Stance. In order to perform that technique I would need 4 ranks in that specific skill to be able to bypass the 16 DC? Otherwise I have to take the roll? Or do I need to required ranks to perform said skill, and take the 16 DC?

No where in the Naruto D20 book ((THAT I CAN FIND)) does it state the basic unarmed damage type. If I take combat martial arts I can do 1d4 damage. some techniques do 1d6 damage for Taijutsu based attacks. Does this change at all for Naruto?

My character is a strong hero who will be going into Taijutsu adept.

1d3 non-lethal from what I remember. I think the d20 modern srd may have the answers, since Naruto introduction states that this is an accessory to the D20 Modern rule set.