Notices

Questions and Concerns

Grymm is right the damage is non-lethal even with Brawl unless you pick up combat martial arts or Taijutsu Master levels to make it lethal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisage View Post
Grymm is right the damage is non-lethal even with Brawl unless you pick up combat martial arts or Taijutsu Master levels to make it lethal.
Except Taijutsu Master required Combat Martial Arts to get in. :P So kinda pointless.

Hi all! I'm new to naruto d20, just poking around the rules and such. It looks really interesting. I'm curious, though, why would you reduce/deliberately damage your own chakra before a fight? I noticed there are about a half dozen techniques that do just that, along with various damage and ability penalties...so my question is what benefit does that give you?

Just to name the first two I found on another quick read-through, Chakra Kanshouki and Chakragakure no Waza.

Chakra Kanshouki provides various benefits. You use it at the beginning of Combat, not all throughout the day.

A lot of it has to do with PC-NPC intereactions. The same Seal jutsu that reduces your Chakra pool and attacks also dampens the amount of chakra an NPC percieves you to actually have.

So, you could have some of your chakra sealed, making the NPC underestimate you, and half-way through the fight you break the seal, removing the penalties you were taking, and take the NPC by suprise.

An alternate use is for when a sensei spars with his/her student(s), that sensei can use it to reduce his/her chakra levels and combat abilities so that the sensei doesn't just over-run the students right from the get-go.