Notices

A Skald's Tale

Old Sep 1 '12, 5:33pm
Great Wyrm King

A Skald's Tale

The World of Krem - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 6

An adventure set in a homebrew world of chaos at the precursor of a new age. It is a time for a new generation to make their way into the world and forge a new destiny amidst the carnage of civil war... This Ad will remain open until I get a good selection of players (hopefully just a week or so)

In the Lordship of Duncan, a small outlying gaelic farming community known as the township of Clover remains on guard as news of civil unrest spreads in the aftermath of the Godruler and Great King's demise. As the seven Lordships vie for power, armies march across the lands testing old alliances and settling past disputes. It is a time of chaos and war...

Clover remains a small community, spread wide with few warriors to defend its people, the fields normally tended by the young men of Clover are now empty as young men train in arms to defend their community and patrol it's borders.

Character Info
Applications Here

Starting Level One
Classes (NPC) Warrior, Expert, Aristocrat, Adept
Races Human, half elf, half orc
Stats 6m4d6r1v1 or 32 pt buy
Source Material All WoTC to be used eventually.

Equip Wealth as per class plus any birthrights and heirlooms

More Info Noble Houses | World of Krem Wiki | Character Build Q's | SRD NPC Classes

Homebrew Rules

Social Class birthrights, heirlooms and determines your background profession

Background Profession provides extra skill ranks, skill training

Noble House provides bonus feats, opening up schools of learning later

Schools of Learning opens up new combat styles, bonus skills and feats later

This is a sandbox type game for up to 6 players with a focus on writing and imagination. Battle scenes will be bloody and violent. Death is always lurking so be prepared for that. I am looking for committed roleplayers to whom can post daily... Advancement should be fairly rapid for the first 3 levels depending on posting and ingenuity. Bonus XP awards on offer for good roleplaying

Please use this thread for general questions and the game forum for your apps

Game Description:

Application info

Posting links Applications | Character Creation Q & A | info links Announcements | Hall of Heroes II

This is a sandbox type game for up to 6 players with a focus on writing and imagination. Battle scenes will be bloody and violent. Death is always lurking so be prepared for that. I am looking for committed roleplayers to whom can post daily... Advancement should be fairly rapid for the first 3 levels depending on posting and ingenuity. Bonus XP awards on offer for good roleplaying

ECL 2 with 1 level in an NPC class and 1 heroic level (no room for LA or LA buyoff)
Stats 6m4d6r2v1 or 32pt buy (roll then buy if you wish) (Amendment)
Equip Starting Wealth 1,000 gp worth of gear you can carry comfortably.

Sourcebooks allowed

• Classes PH, DMG, UA only (no exceptions)
    Class variants Any CORE based variants allowed from any 3.5 WoTC sourcebooks*
  • Races PH base races only, variants allowed from any 3.5 WoTC sourcebooks*
  • Feats Any 3.5 WoTC sourcebooks*
  • Gear Any 3.5 WoTC sourcebooks*

(* pending DM and concept approval)

Last edited by DarkAngel; Sep 1 '12 at 5:36pm..
Intriguing. L1 NPC classes, huh? I may have to read over the house-rules/setting stuff, but this could be interesting.

House rules are mainly for character generation, to make things simplier... just roll your stats and I'll update your post with your random social class and parents background

Then you get bonus skill ranks, and can forgo your parents occupation and choose another background from those open to all if you wish.

Easy Peezy !

Edit: Be back in around 8 hours... zzzzzzzz

Well it looks like an interesting bunch of backgrounds thus far...

I have updated everyones app's with their family Caste and parents backgrounds... You don't have to choose your parents profession, there are Alternative occupations you may choose

Seems interesting. I'll give it a roll and see how the stats turn out.

This looks fascinating, but I wonder; can I roll and then decide if I want to do a 32 point buy, or is it one or the other?

Also how much info do I have to put in my App page before you generate the random social stats? Gotta get a feel for the guy's background before I start writing up things like personality, history or even class.