The Bitter Cold -- seeks TWO warm faces

Old Sep 2 '12, 12:58pm
Lost in space

The Bitter Cold -- seeks TWO warm faces

The Bitter Cold - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e - Forgotten Realms 3.5e
Ad Closes: Sep 10 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 2

So, I would like to add two active players to my current game 'The Bitter Cold' which you can read about below (hopefully!). These new characters will be native to the country of Vaasa and are of good alignment -- I'll PM you the plot point once accepted to the game because I'm not about to spoil the upcoming fun. It's a high powered game, and the current group is figuring out how they want to march to their deaths venture towards the infamous Castle Perilous in hopes of keeping the powerful items out of the hands of the wrong people.

Game Description:

The Cold Lands.

Zhengyi the Witch-King is dead, the second war between Vaasa and Damara has come to an end... but the real problems are about to start in the cold bitter North lands.

The death of Zhengyi has left a massive power vacuum in Vaasa which has brought out of the woodwork many who would lay claim to the title of "Ruler of Vaasa." These include some of the followers of the Witch-King, noted of the land, members of noble houses and even outsiders from many other places in the Realms all of which drool at the thought of control. The true main prize? The remains of Castle Perilous, a massive seat of power now empty, rumors of artifacts, treasure, and of course personal property of the Witch-King himself.

Four individuals have been brought to Vaasa's neighbor of Damara by a man who they all owe a great debt to, the famed Elven Sorcerer Galandir "Gally" Mithetheth, in hopes of making sure that Vaasa does not fall into chaos or into the hands of another just like Zhengyi. The Cold Lands will prove to be bitter towards outsiders, but the prevention of war is what Galandir hopes most for the people of Damara and many would abuse such power. The mission is to head to Castle Perilous itself and root out the evil that it still radiates.

What will be waiting for them at Castle Perilous? Who will ascend to the throne? Who can you trust in the Cold Lands?

The game takes place 1360 DR - "Year of Turrets", two years after the Time of Troubles where gods were forced to walk the lands.

I am in. Give me a day to make a character, this sounds COOL.

...sorry, couldn't help myself!

I am interested. The area is one i have read about in one of my favorite D&D book series.

Could you let us know the classes of the other players involved? I always try to play something that will benefit the established party.

Hey that was gonna be my question, well it was going to be "what class is needed"? I was thinking of a sorcerer or perhaps a paladin.

I might pull my Hathran back out, provided the thread stays open to the advertised date this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykarius View Post
I am interested. The area is one i have read about in one of my favorite D&D book series.

Could you let us know the classes of the other players involved? I always try to play something that will benefit the established party.

Currently the party consists of, arctic dwarf/ranger, drow/sorceress, and human/cleric combo.

There is a thread for submissions in the ooc threadgroup of the board.

I would like to play a malconvoker... I think it fits quite well with this game (he would be investigating the castle since he has heard that it was built by extraplanar beings).

My question is: how do you deal with planar binding? As a malconvoker it is part of the class to be able to retain some outsiders for help, and I promise not to overdo it, but would you allow me to start with a minor outsider/elemental bound to me for a few months? (We can roll/rp the binding before I meet the group)

Uh oh, forget it, I noticed it is not in the allowed sources. It is in Complete Scoundrel

One question: is DMGII considered "core" and therefore allowed? Is the SRD allowed (i.e. Unearthed Arcana)?

Also when you say "all" the FR books, does that mean the 10+ books printed or just the PG to FR and FRCS?