Eighties Action Fest.

Eighties Action Fest.

Not much to say on this one....

Well, in a nutshell: It has been a very long time since I ran a D20 Modern game here in Myth Weavers and I decided to shake the cobwebs off.

So this game, it's not heavy on dramatic roleplaying (even if it's more roleplay than rollplay). This is a blast-fest, kill-fest, stomp-bad-guy-fest of the likes of every action movie made in the 70's, 80's and 90's (or a huge number of them). A good inspiration would be 'The Expendables'.

Goofy names (or codenames). BFGs. Lots of bullets in the air, lots of collateral damage, lots of explosions, bad guys are bad, good guys are good, bystanders duck for cover... the works.

So... looking for about 4 to 5 players. The game is going to be at Character Level 10, with stats generated by point-buy (38 points). Wealth will be obtained during the game, it's not a necessity during character creation (so all guns and equipment is free, so to speak). Maximum hit points and maximum Action Points.

I am sooo not making Char a dump stat! 80's movies? Leading ladies gentlemen! Well, except if its the love interest for Arnold in the original Total Recall, then I suppose I'd have to pass.... Lol! Speaking of which, how will Seduction be handled? Sub-skill of Diplomacy? It's own skill? A straight Char check? Just wondering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonrifts View Post
Quick question: Are there any books you DON'T want us using?
Well... D20 Modern Dark*Matter is one we wouldn't be using, actually....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandergant View Post
I am sooo not making Char a dump stat! 80's movies? Leading ladies gentlemen! Well, except if its the love interest for Arnold in the original Total Recall, then I suppose I'd have to pass.... Lol! Speaking of which, how will Seduction be handled? Sub-skill of Diplomacy? It's own skill? A straight Char check? Just wondering.
Sub-Skill of Diplomacy.

Our group is going to need a name. Any suggestions? I'm thinking either the Troublemakers or the Outsiders.

Well.... Troublemakers, Outsiders, Hellraisers, Badasses, the Top Team, the Stigs... let's see what everybody has to say about team name ideas and afterwards we'll put it to a vote.