Notices

Eighties Action Fest.

Outsiders isn't bad. What about some more themed things too? The Reckoning, perhaps? Armageddon? Ragnarok? The Accounting Firm? I dunno, my brain is maybe too tired to be throwing out names, lol

In D20 Modern they can have a max rating of +3. Are you saying you don't want anything higher then +1 to start Marco?

Okay here are some team name ideas I have.

Team Name

The Avengers
The Unkillables
Roughnecks
Overlords
Knights Of Badass
The Tough S.O.B.
F.U.B.A.R

[/I]

Oh, also, where is our base of operations? I'm assuming we're headquartered outside the US, but I could be wrong. I'd throw up a vote for somewhere tropical, maybe Central America where arms regulations and officials are easier to get around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
In D20 Modern they can have a max rating of +3. Are you saying you don't want anything higher then +1 to start Marco?
I assume that +1 is standard out-of-the-factory mastercraft while +3 is for items that have been modified with aftermarket parts and machine smithing out the wazoo.

OK, never mind. You can get up to +3, but those items are going to need to be explained... say, family heirlooms and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog_Days View Post
Oh, also, where is our base of operations? I'm assuming we're headquartered outside the US, but I could be wrong. I'd throw up a vote for somewhere tropical, maybe Central America where arms regulations and officials are easier to get around.
Base of operations is North America, with the team going all over it and the rest of the world to do their missions.

This is obviously Action-Adventure North America-land, where as long as you take care of only shooting up bad guys and blowing up only their stuff, the police won't even bat an eye (and/or only appear as 'the cavalry' once you've kicked all of the bad guys' rears).

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoasalazarm View Post
I assume that +1 is standard out-of-the-factory mastercraft while +3 is for items that have been modified with aftermarket parts and machine smithing out the wazoo.

OK, never mind. You can get up to +3, but those items are going to need to be explained... say, family heirlooms and such.
I might limit the apps to one +3 item each with whatever else being +1's. Reason being is that you said we'd need to give a good explaination. Well, lets say I come up with perfect explainations why all my gear is +3 while another player didn't quite find the inspiration and barely explained 1 piece of gear away. Its a little unbalanced being that some people are better writers than others. (If we do go this route I'm doing my armor! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoasalazarm View Post
Items can be Mastercrafted up to +1.
Another solution: stick with what you first came up with (no higher than +1) with anything higher being an "In-Game" reward given by you.

The "+whatever" accounts for the wealth system, which we are by-passing.

Congrats everyone on getting in - this is gonna ROCK! That said, if you want a single piece of gear upgraded to mastercraft +2, shoot me and Prestar pm's and we'll work with you. He's playing our repair/tech/supply support (but has limited computer access). I'm getting my rifle done up through some shared backstory connections with Drew which I will be updating tomorrow. Prestar is my roommate, so he and I can work with you on backstory connections with one or both of us for the gear.

However, I will agree with Bandergant and speak for Prestar to limit the gear to only ONE item, to a +2 only. And of course this is all pending GM approval.

Uh Oh! Roughly 10 apps accepted but the ad asked for 4-5 players! With 1,000's of minions and henchmen lurking in our target areas, the first gunfight might be designed to eliminate the unfortunate party members who don't roll so well. That would be AWESOME as an intro: a mission gone bad! Something to bind the living together! I'm looking forward to your 1-liners folks!