Notices

4-02 | Greycloak | Out of Character

Sweet. Trip and Durable arrows are the big key. I could life without tanglefoot arrows.

@Grey

Smoke Arrow. Do you interpret this as one square of Smoke Stick smoke i.e. 20% concealment? And can this be fired at the ground or at a wall to put the smoke in that square?

Gear

Sounds right, 1 rd. duration as a smoke stick. If you could put arrows in adjacent squares, it would be 20% for adjacent 50% miss chance for non-adjacent in the line of effect.

Yes, fire it at a square if you like - in the absence of something more concrete, I usually as for AC 5 to hit for that kind of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greycloak View Post
Sounds right, 1 rd. duration as a smoke stick. If you could put arrows in adjacent squares, it would be 20% for adjacent 50% miss chance for non-adjacent in the line of effect.

Yes, fire it at a square if you like - in the absence of something more concrete, I usually as for AC 5 to hit for that kind of thing.
1 rd duration? But the smoke would last one minute, correct?

here'd the PRD entry for smokestick

Quote:
Smokestick: This alchemically treated wooden stick instantly creates thick, opaque smoke when burned. The smoke fills a 10-foot cube (treat the effect as a fog cloud spell, except that a moderate or stronger wind dissipates the smoke in 1 round). The stick is consumed after 1 round, and the smoke dissipates naturally after 1 minute.

@db

Lol...that fieldset image is almost as big as I am.

With two sneak attackers in the group, we should see some major Quisinarting in effect. You two should be giving ninja-rogue group hugs all game long. If I get to do even a point of damage, you two get a D-.

lol...I know! I was on my iPad & couldn't create a thumbnail until I got home. It's much more reasonable now!

@Grey

To increase my usefulness, I am thinking about buying some ranger scrolls. My understanding based on this is

1. I can Take 20 on Deciphering any scrolls I purchase to prepare them for casting, using Spellcraft (which I have ranks in)

2 My caster level is functionally 0, so I will need to make a DC 12 to use a 1st level ranger scroll, correct? Though it says "caster level check (DC = scroll's caster level + 1)" which would seem like a DC 2.

3. If I fail the DC, is the scroll wasted? Seems this only happens on a mishap.

You should get a wand of gravity bow, Arrowhawk.

Just sayin'! Gonna check the UE book now, see if I can find what it has on arrows.