Notices

4-02 | Greycloak | In Character

Day 2, midday - Dig Camp
With a sad look, Halla leads you to a mound and nods to two of the workers to begin exhuming the body from a shallow grave. "We buried him here temporarily but plan on getting his body back to his family."

Shadaq is wrapped in a blanket. He's been cleaned but he's clearly died from blood loss from a variety of wounds inflicted by bladed weapons, scratches from claws as well as bite marks. The latter marks are definitely not human, rather the punctures were made by conical ripping teeth from a broad-jawed predator of some kind.

When the two men are satisfied with their investigation, Halla re-wraps the man's body and has him placed back in the ground. She asks, "Does anyone else have any questions before we head up to the temple?"

Ajax ponders the body for a moment, Hmm, this could be the work of some sort of alligator or troglodyte type creature. Ajax continues to examine the body, "How long have you been at the dig site?"

Unable to find any characters in game 10073

Day 2, midday - Dig Camp
No strange scents, tastes or sounds from the wounds. The creature or creatures who inflicted them remain unknown - anything with hands can wield a blade, the world is full of toothy clawed predators so Ajax doesn't know from the evidence he has which it could be.
OOC

Thankful to be distracted from her unpleasant task, the archaeologist replies, "A little more than six months. There are weeks more work to do just on the exterior bas relief art - it's really quite stunning and an important find as much of the Tsassilonian nation of Barkakhan presumably rests on the sea floor. Other than a few outposts along the Varisian coastline, all that's accessible is this site, the ruins of Runelord Alaznist's capital, Xin-Bakrakhan."

She points up to the hazy mountain in the distance, continuing her lecture, "Legend has it Hollow Mountain has treasures buried deep within it, along with deadly horrors of the ancient empire. That carving you see there on the mountainside is said to be the face of Alaznist, unlamented Runelord of Wrath. I’m sure that once the Society has finished with Xin-Bakrakhan we move on to Hollow Mountain and its secrets."

Looking in the distance, you can make out a colossal carving of a stern woman's face on the side of Hollow Mountain, many miles away.

Does any of the art you've found in or around the site show pictures of strange beasts or lizard men?"

Day 2, midday - Dig Camp

"No. The images are of humans mutilating themselves." She pauses, before continuing, "I suppose the columns are coiled serpents but the bas reliefs depict just human figures."

Ajax nods, realizing that the trail has gone gone cold along this path. Switching gears, "Could you tell me again what the last thing you uncovered was before this attack occurred? I'm wondering if some creature or tomb was accidentally disturbed."

Day 2, midday - Dig Camp
"We had finished our exterior excavation and Kovo had talked about working on the first bricked up door the day of the attack. I'm not sure if he got to it or not, I was finishing some cataloguing of some of the exterior sketches when the attack happened. I was just about to head back up there when Shadaq stumbled into camp."

"Perhaps we should talk with Kovo. So that I can keep it straight in my head, could you name off the other diggers for me? I'd like to talk to them as well.."

Day 2, midday - Dig Camp
Halla lists the names of the missing, totalling ten people,
of interest to some and thus named NPCs and not just nameless NPCs
including but not limited to Kovo Murse, Riemme Batelle, Pel Morigo, and Saala Bry. She also supplies the names of the five men who are still in the camp with her.

Ajax concludes his talk with Halla, finally realizing what the situation is with the camp. He then goes to check on the laborers with Tal,
Taking 10 on any Heal checks
looking them over for any ailments or afflictions, offering any immediate assistance if it is needed, and asking general questions about the dig site to see if any of them offer new information or tell a diffierent story.