GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Play-Testers and Idea Bouncers for Our Game

We decided that backers will come and go so we are pushing forward full steam. Besides its just my entire retirement I have spent on the project hahahaha

Thanks all, I will make sure to get your information here. Please keeping posting if you are interested in play testing.

Well we are back on track in a big way. Did 4 interviews. When they are posted I will post them here.
I will probably move forward with a 20 person playtest team in the next could weeks guys. Look forward to seeing what you think!

In the next day or so I will be updating our website with some more rules info at www.afterearththefall.com. You can get primed there for some of it.

Thanks for offering your services!

I would like to playtest it. I frequent a gaming store that knows me pretty well in my town that would likely be interested in sponsoring a promising product and helping to sell it if the playtest goes well.

Glad to hear that not everything has gone belly up for you guys and as I stated before I would love a chance to playtest your world and see how it goes.

Excellent. Also, I am still interested in play testing.

Edit: Also, something is off with your website.

Thanks all! We do appreciate it. Its been 12 damn years in the making and to have Obsidian, though a videogame, release a couple days after isn't that pretty hahahaha.

Oh and Voxanadu I have been moving things, updating and so forth. Feel free to point out what is actually off. Don't have the money for a webmiester...so its just me trying to get something that isn't filled with malware for peeps to read about our stuff!

Love the input guys! I have you all down to playtest. If you like the idea of the game spread the word. We could fricken use it...man its 1:53 and I didn't go to bad last night either. I think the Kickstarter gave me some kind of insomnia

Concerning Playtesting:
We will also be hammering on the actual basic rules as well. I am working through what we have used for years and play-tested at local places. They are mighty simple(that's the beauty of the cards) but we will be opening it up for rules suggestions with you guys.

Not sure if I would be much help, but I love the sound of your game.
It's sad to see what happened to your kickstarter, but people have been waiting a long time for a product from those guys, regardless of when they announced it or what it is.
Look forward to seeing the fruits of your labours. Get some sleep, lay off the coffee for a while maybe lol. Or, if all else fails, just make sure to eat occasionally and you'll be fine. Sleep is optional, and often gets in the way of ideas.

Edit: I would consider opening up the kickstarter permanently, through a web store type setup on your site. Sell the same things you are on the kickstarter, ie if I give you $100 I get to design a town, but you get my $100 now, or in 33 days time, or whenever I have it, no deadline, no rush.
Check out www.cityofsteam.com/cityosweb/default.php/Pay to see what I mean.

Xavii has a nice point. It lets you add creative flare to the Canon world and get payed for it, which will in turn help you further spread the game because whats his face is gonna yap to everyone that he made a game world, and you've got 100 new bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaviien View Post
Not sure if I would be much help, but I love the sound of your game.
It's sad to see what happened to your kickstarter, but people have been waiting a long time for a product from those guys, regardless of when they announced it or what it is.
Look forward to seeing the fruits of your labours. Get some sleep, lay off the coffee for a while maybe lol. Or, if all else fails, just make sure to eat occasionally and you'll be fine. Sleep is optional, and often gets in the way of ideas.

Edit: I would consider opening up the kickstarter permanently, through a web store type setup on your site. Sell the same things you are on the kickstarter, ie if I give you $100 I get to design a town, but you get my $100 now, or in 33 days time, or whenever I have it, no deadline, no rush.
Check out www.cityofsteam.com/cityosweb/default.php/Pay to see what I mean.
Thanks for the link I will check it and thanks for the words about our ideas!
Sometimes you think you have something and are not sure. Our first hint was having some playtesters randomly test it and just being overloaded with positive feedback. That was the start of it all.

Ya we have regrouped it just sucked a bit. We did get some new rewards and will continue to push forward and see what happens