Mission One-'Opening Gambit'.

 


"F$%k!" Quentin curses before regaining his professional demeanor. "Watchtower, Quiet Man - This is going sideways fast. Contact is now on his knees, and I have an armed man pointing a kalashnikov at his head shouting something. I can read lips a little, but I can't make heads or tails of what's being said, probably not English."

Quentin carefully takes careful aim, putting the armed man's forehead square in his sights. At the same time, he's attemptingto keep aware of anything else that might pop up.

"I've got him locked into my sights, awaiting orders."

'Drew' Dyson, "Watchtower"

"Quiet Man, Watchtower, good copy. Break. Net, Watchtower...anyone close enough to quietly drop that asshole without danger to his hostage?" Motioning Sheena towards her, Andrea leans over and whispers in her ear. "Sheena, do you recognize that man?" Handing her a spare set of binoculars, Andrea lets her rifle drop onto its tactical sling as she puts her own binoculars up to her eyes. "Quiet Man, Watchtower...if asshole looks like he is going to waste the hostage...you are Weapons Free. Engage if we can't get jackass with the AK distracted long enough to let someone else take him out." I am feeling a little like Malcolm Reynolds at the moment...

The screaming becomes greater by the pirate, and he become more flustered.

He shoows the AK right next to Haney's head, and HAney clutches his left ear, which is now bleeding-torn ear, burst eardrum, hard to tell at the moment.



"Shots fired! I repeat shots fired! I have confirmed blood on the hostage as well. Hold onto your butts everyone. Taking the shot..." Quentin takes a deep breath, glad he'd had the foresight to keep his aim on the armed man's head. Letting his breath ease out of him he slowly but firmly squeezes the trigger. "Now."

[OOC]: I don't have my books with me right now, so I'm not 100% on my attack roll modifiers. That said, here is my
Dice Roll: 1d20+14z
d20 Results: 10 (Total = 24)
Attack Roll (24) and possible
Dice Roll: 3d12+1d6z
d12 Results: 6, 7, 8 (Total = 22)
Damage Roll (22).

'Drew' Dyson, "Watchtower"

Andrea speaks, low but firm, to Sheena. "Sheena, when the shot sounds, get behind that bollard and stay on the ground until I or one of the other Roughnecks gets you, okay?" Andrea smoothly lays her hands back on her rifle. When Quentin's shot booms out, she takes a knee, takes a moment to make sure Sheena is following her instructions, smoothly brings her AR-10 up to her shoulder, flips the safety to 'SEMI', and then begins to scan for any more targets.

"Net, Watchtower...we are weapons free. Advance freely and engage at will." Andrea briefly switches channels. "Asset Controller, Watchtower, begin jamming as arranged; just make sure to leave the designated tactical frequencies clear." Andrea switches back. "Net, Watchtower, unless these poor bastards have some seriously beefy, top-end gear, they are now deaf and unable to communicate. They should figure it for solar flares or what not. Now, let's get to killing."

Andrea continues to scan, ready to fire on any target she sees that is neither a hostage, another Roughneck, or Sheena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielLong View Post


"Shots fired! I repeat shots fired! I have confirmed blood on the hostage as well. Hold onto your butts everyone. Taking the shot..." Quentin takes a deep breath, glad he'd had the foresight to keep his aim on the armed man's head. Letting his breath ease out of him he slowly but firmly squeezes the trigger. "Now."

[OOC]: I don't have my books with me right now, so I'm not 100% on my attack roll modifiers. That said, here is my
Dice Roll: 1d20+14z
d20 Results: 12 (Total = 26)
Attack Roll (26) and possible
Dice Roll: 3d12+1d6z
d12 Results: 5, 5, 1 (Total = 12)
Damage Roll (12).
Quentin's shot hits the pirate dead-on center on the forehead. The pirate blinks once in surprise, and then drops dead right on top of the hostage.

Sheena ducks for cover as soon as Dyson tells her to, and the radio says 'Roger that. Jamming frequencies' before a constant low-volume but high-pitched whistle comes over the radio. The electronics soon block out the sound of the jammer.

Shortly afterwards, another pirate comes from the high grass, gun ready.

'Drew' Dyson, "Watchtower"

Well, why am I so sure that this is going to turn into a scumbag confab? Guess we will just have to kill everyone who doesn't look important enough to have any answers I want. "Quiet Man, Watchtower, kill confirmed. New target, right of the hostage, in the grass. Break. Anybody else close enough to secure the hostage?" Andrea lines up on the new pirate, ready to engage should their resident 'Fist of God' somehow actually miss. Not likely; Quentin hasn't missed such a short-range shot since the last time he was hanging out of an evasive helicopter shooting at even more evasive speedboats. Kiss your ass 'Goodbye', you bloodthirsty hostage-killing bastard... Although pointing her weapon at the new pirate and ready to engage, most of Andrea's attention was actually on her
Spot:
Dice Roll:
1d20+4
d20 Results: 7 (Total = 11)
Listen:
Dice Roll:
1d20+4
d20 Results: 6 (Total = 10)
surroundings. Where there are two pirates with hostages...there are likely just more pirates, with the hostages in the shack.



"New target acknowledged."

Continuing to breathe carefully, Quentin shifts his aim slightly, taking a bead on the new pirate. Once the crosshairs are centered over the man's chest, he exhales slowly and fires once again.

"Engaging target."

[OOC]: I don't have my books with me right now, so I'm not 100% on my attack roll modifiers. That said, here is my
Dice Roll: 1d20+14z
d20 Results: 9 (Total = 23)
Attack Roll (23) and possible
Dice Roll: 3d12+1d6z
d12 Results: 4, 5, 3 (Total = 13)
Damage Roll (13).




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status