Notices

Looking For a Spellcaster

Old Sep 16 '12, 1:57pm
Proteus Protector

Looking For a Spellcaster

Myths in the Making - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Spellcaster needed! Wizard or sorcerer, cleric or druid, arcanist or diviner ... or a combination, if you like. The team is down a wizard and we could really use a spellcaster from both a roleplaying and combat support perspective.

Before you ask any questions, please read the requirements and guidelines below.

Concept:
Have you ever wanted to play in a campaign and actually see your character progress from 1st level and make it to 20th level? I know, it's next to impossible in a play-by-post environment because of attrition, time requirements and changing priorities or interests. What if I told you I have a way that can make this happen?

Myths in the Making will work sort of the like any other adventure path. However, instead of roleplaying countless encounters so that you see your characters advance from 1st to 2nd to 3rd level and so on, and so on, and so on, this campaign will consist of five short adventures, with each subsequent adventure fast-forwarding the characters several class levels ahead.

Players get a chance to roleplay their PCs at various levels of maturity and experience in a shorter amount of time. The adventures could look as such:

A Dark and Stormy Knight: a mini-module for 1st-level PCs ==> just about finished this one, so we'll be advancing to the next
Base of Operations: a mini-module for 5th-level PCs
Bad Moon Waning: a mini-module for 10th-level PCs
Matters of Vengeance: a mini-module for 15th-level PCs
Icy Heart: a mini-module for 20th-level PCs

Character Creation:
Starting Level: 1

Starting Abilities: 32 point buy

Starting Hit Points: Maximum at 1st level, but roll for progressive levels afterward here

Starting Gold: Maximum standard for class, as well as all PCs getting a free riding animal to begin with. Please consult the Character Wealth by Level table on page 135 of DMG for progressive levels afterward.

Source: Core books (Player's Handbook, Monster Manual, and Dungeon Master Guide) at 1st level, all other Wizard of the Coast sources after 5th level. The idea is to start simple and use only the core 3.5 books, then expand to all other WotC source books and supplements afterwards. This means starting with only the core classes, races and abilities.*

Progression: Think about what your PCs' class progressions will look like at 1st, 5th, 10th, 15th and 20th levels. I expect don't you to spend time building out your PCs at each of these levels for the game application, but I do want to see where you expect your characters to progress. Showing a breakdown of this progression will be part of the submission requirement, which will go here.

Please build your character at 5th level. The team has, for all intents and purposes, already completed the 1st level mini-module. You can place your any rolls here and your PC applications here.

Setting:
The game is set in a homebrew world that combines Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms and Eberron. In fact, these three campaign settings represent super-continents in this game world, which means all nations, races and religions are available for players to incorporate into their PCs' backstories.

* I may, if adequately convinced, allow starting PCs to sway ever so slightly from these rules. For instance, I might allow a feat that's in a non-core book if a future Prestige Class requires such feat to be taken at 1st level. Or I might allow the use of races or monsters that don't require level adjustments as PCs, such as the ones that are in the campaign setting books. Heck, I'll even allow Savage Species if I think the concept fits.

Again, we're looking for a spellcaster - that's only one PC. Additional PCs may be considered if the applications (and applicants) really stand out, but our goal here is primarily to get a spellcaster added to the existing team.

Before you ask your questions, please read the requirements and guidelines above.

Game Description:

The nobleman sits at the round table and smiles at his motley crew of recruits. To those who know him, their impressions vary. Some consider him a bit of a dandy, the spoiled son of a baron and politician who has been fed his entire life with a silver spoon. Others consider him a rake, a malcontent who wastes his inheritance on gambling, wine, women and song. Yet even others consider him a libertine, a quick-witted academic who defies heritage, tradition and rank in order to unravel the wiles of the world. But all know him for his bardic and adventurous spirit.

"Thank you for coming," the nobleman says, sporting a pearly white smile. "I'm Sir Wilson Slade. I understand that you're all looking to stretch your legs and get an opportunity to adventure, maybe become heroes. Well, no need to look any further. Come with me and I'll promise you adventure, I'll promise you'll become heroes. Come with me and you'll be myths in the making."

Myths in the Making is a D&D 3.5 serial adventure campaign that will take players and their PCs from level 1 to 20. However, since this campaign will exist in a play-by-post environment, it will be be slightly different than the adventure paths that players might be familiar with.

Last edited by pisceanpaul; Sep 16 '12 at 6:22pm..
Submitting interest. I'll be building you a Druid in about four hours.

Aaand done.

Berithian Antioch the bold pyromancer, coming right up.

Edit

On second though (30 seconds after posting) I've got too much on my plate

Hum hum... I'm thinking a Cleric or Favored Soul, perhaps of the Silver Flame. Hmm... give me a moment to mull over what you've got already and where we're standing amidst the current campaign, and I'll have something for you in a jiffy

Would you accept an application from me, as I'm already in a couple of your games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolfer View Post
will you allow OA shaman, as we are building at 5th level and not restricted by the 1st level rules.
Since I'm looking for core classes to begin with, you wouldn't be able to make a 5th level Shaman. You could make a 4th level Druid/1st level Shaman, I suppose, but that might not seem all that enticing to someone who's looking at mechanics, especially since Spirit Shaman might be a better route to take down the road.