Notices

Q and A Thread:

Q and A Thread:

Please ask anything you want to ask about the game here. Any questions I think other people may want to see will be quoted in this post for quick reference.

While I won't ask you to divulge your critical hit and fumble table, can you give an idea of the range of effects? I'm not generally a fan of such tables (they tend to hurt players more often than help), and in 4E in particular they effect controllers far more often (area effect spells lead to more attack rolls , which lead to more critical hits and fumbles), but knowing the variety of happenings may ease the pain, so to speak.

So... Do we make threads in the Applications subsection for our submissions, will there be a thread seperate from the rolling thread for them to be posted in, or do we post them in the rolling thread?

You know it's the wrong thread for rolls, right?

I'm thinking of just making a plain ol' wizard. I'll have to see.

Summonings also last if you choose another daily, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer Gig View Post
While I won't ask you to divulge your critical hit and fumble table, can you give an idea of the range of effects? I'm not generally a fan of such tables (they tend to hurt players more often than help), and in 4E in particular they effect controllers far more often (area effect spells lead to more attack rolls , which lead to more critical hits and fumbles), but knowing the variety of happenings may ease the pain, so to speak.
Quite the contrary in my experience (though obviously our experiences differ). I often see my players benefit from such rules whether it is a lucky fumble on a bad guy's part, or a lucky crit that finishes off a tough enemy, but I digress. Generally it works based on how high you roll on the d100 roll. The lower you roll the less effective (and more in-line with the general rules) the attack is (either being just a normal miss or just an automatic hit). Higher roll effects can be things like, dropping your weapon, spell backfire, screwing up an attack so badly you get tripped by an enemy or grant combat advantage for a short time, to things like dealing double damage, causing status effects on the enemy you hit, or granting a buff on yourself and your allies. Many of it depends on the situation and what the attack was with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
So... Do we make threads in the Applications subsection for our submissions, will there be a thread seperate from the rolling thread for them to be posted in, or do we post them in the rolling thread?
Yes, you make threads in the applications section for your submissions. (you make your own thread in the character applications thread-group.)

@Calebr: You do know that you can just edit your old posts right? You don't have to keep making corrections in new posts. Also yeah, like Kerim said, this is the wrong thread to post your rolls anyway. I'm also deleting your posts from this thread because they aren't questions or witty banter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keradi01 View Post
@Calebr: You do know that you can just edit your old posts right? You don't have to keep making corrections in new posts. Also yeah, like Kerim said, this is the wrong thread to post your rolls anyway. I'm also deleting your posts from this thread because they aren't questions or witty banter.
I was just using this thread to get used to the dice roller. and since I did not used the 4d6^3r1 code I did the 1 re-rolls manually.

I can re-roll the stats in the application thread if you wish. I also did not think you could edit more rolls into an existing post. All other forums I have used have not allowed this. I think I have the hang of it now.

No need. I already saw that you made your rolls and re-posted them in the correct thread so I know that those stats are legit.

Also, yeah normally they don't allow editing rolls over and over, however you could've just made one post to test it out, and then when you think you got the hang of it, you could make a second post for your real roll. One roll for testing, and one for the actual one. Don't worry though, I understand having difficulty with the code on this site. I still have issues with it myself.

Quote:
1) Whenever you would choose a Utility power via leveling up, you also choose 2 other Utility powers that are valid choices. You can use them as normal. Mostly this is just because I like letting players mess around with some of the more fun powers they can get as well as ones that are more serious.
I just wanted to validate I understood the one house rule correct. At levels 2 and 6, we get to choose two utility powers instead of just one? Or it is three utility powers?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

I said "also" as in, as well as. You guys get three utility powers when you'd normally just get one. So technically you all should start with 6. Three from level 3, three from level 6.