Notices

Q and A Thread:

I was going to say the 28th of this month, but with all the applications I've got so quickly, I'm making the final call to be the 25th.

A couple of questions:

Is the only setting information we have to work on the stuff in your ad blurb? I am not a seasoned Forgotten Realms setting player so I dont know if you are in that setting or your own homebrew setting.

The reason I say that is it helps to know how to entwine my story, especially since I am making a hybrid cleric and need to sort-of know the available faiths. I need a faith that would accept a repentant sinner. Someone who has done bad things but that has already gone through a readjustment period and donned the cloth of a faith that is good but allows for an arsty and intriguing personality to flourish. The words I would hope would not be excluded in the realm of the faith are:

Art and beauty - epicurean pursuit
subterfuge
intrigue
animals - lol

Balder or Dionysus come to mind but more political if possible - I just dont know your pantheon.

Wait... why do you think this might be a Forgotten Realms game? I don't even know anything about that setting. As for setting information. Really I don't think there's a reason to go into specifics. If you have a specific question in mind just ask. Like I said in an earlier question... which in hindsight I should've posted up front so that everyone could see, there isn't any special religious information other than what is just in the player handbooks. I'm sure pretty much any faith would take in someone who is repentant. Hell if you want, make up your own religion and god. I like it when players help build the setting, means less work for me and they get to contribute to the game in more ways than just playing a character.

I see the ad says "post a private thread" but it seems nobody has been doing that. XD I saw you mention in one thread you've given up on it; should I just not bother making it private then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Guardian 7 View Post
I see the ad says "post a private thread" but it seems nobody has been doing that. XD I saw you mention in one thread you've given up on it; should I just not bother making it private then?
Mob Rule

Hi, I applied with an Essentials character... Paladin (Chevalier) ...just making sure that's ok.

Also... I choose human, which let me choose a bonus Paladin power, and according to the builder, I was able to choose other Paladin powers.

The power I choose mentions in its effect that the target would become subject to Divine Sanction, but divine sanction is a Paladin Class feature that is otherwise not mentioned for the Paladin (Chevalier).

I'm not sure if I am able to have that extra effect of Divine Sanction. I don't mind either way, as I did not build my character around having it... so I leave it completely up to your judgment as DM. I should note that, as I'm looking through the character... other power options also have similar effects that include Divine Sanction.