Notices

Worldly Talk

Civil discussion and debate on real world events and issues.

But they won't allow homosexuals

But they won't allow homosexuals

according to http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep/16/local/la-me-boy-scouts-files-20120916 the Boy Scouts of America helped hundreds of child molesters to hide their crimes and escape punishment. But they still allege that they refuse to allow homosexual scout masters in order to protect the morality of the institution.

Hypocrisy at it's finest. Studies have proven time and again that kiddy fiddlers are mostly heterosexual. I think it's something like in the 90%+ that they're heterosexual and not homosexual.

According to at least one study I dug up in researching a work of fiction I recently published, located here
Quote:
Using the fixated-regressed distinction, Groth and Birnbaum (1978) studied 175 adult males who were convicted in Massachusetts of sexual assault against a child. None of the men had an exclusively homosexual adult sexual orientation. 83 (47%) were classified as "fixated;" 70 others (40%) were classified as regressed adult heterosexuals; the remaining 22 (13%) were classified as regressed adult bisexuals. Of the last group, Groth and Birnbaum observed that "in their adult relationships they engaged in sex on occasion with men as well as with women. However, in no case did this attraction to men exceed their preference for women....There were no men who were primarily sexually attracted to other adult males..."
and a bit further
Quote:
Dr. Carole Jenny and her colleagues reviewed 352 medical charts, representing all of the sexually abused children seen in the emergency room or child abuse clinic of a Denver children's hospital during a one-year period (from July 1, 1991 to June 30, 1992). The molester was a gay or lesbian adult in fewer than 1% in which an adult molester could be identified only 2 of the 269 cases (Jenny et al., 1994).
which pretty well indicated that homosexuals are much less likely to be child molesters than heterosexuals, though apparently a signifigant number have no adult sexual orientation, having only a preference for children.

It's a bit skewed when statistically there are just less homosexuals in the world, which probably accounts for less molestation cases. I don't know how much of the population is homosexual in the world. If it happens to be 1%, and 1% of molestation is from them, then there's no correlation between sexual orientation and child molesting.

Depends on where you are talking about here are most of teh relevant statistics, generally it seems to be between 1% and 4% here they put the number nationwide at 1.7% monosexually homsexual, though they also site studies with higher numbers.

Did they use the sex of the child and assailant as a variable? I am curious if they are distinguishing between same sex molestations or treating all molestation as the same.

Not in the studies I cited. There are studies which do, and as a result they find a much higher ratio of "homsexual" child molestation, though most child molesters do not seem to have a gender presference and most victims of sexual moestation under the age of 18 are female.

Before I came out, I sincerely doubt that others would have ever considered any possibility that I would have sexual contact with anyone other than a willing adult female. But since being open about being a bisexual, I've lost friends over the perceived possibility that I would molest children or animals. Despite the fact that there is no evidence for an enrichment of such behavior among non-heterosexuals.

In memory of Alan Turing, I suppose.

Non-heterosexuals is a large category. For example there was a discovery a while back of two male octopi of different species having sex in the merianas trench. i suspect such behavior is more likely to be engaged in by homosexual or bisexual octopi than by heterosexuals, especially heterosexual humans...

ironic pseudo-humor aside, I've just come to be generally disgusted by the BSA.

I chuckled at the hypo-elevation fetish.

I wanted to be careful about my wording to include homosexual, bisexual, etc... but I fear that I was actually *too* broad.