Dawn of Defiance

Old Sep 22 '12, 1:06am
World War Z Survivor

Dawn of Defiance

Star Wars: Alternate Dimensions - Forum
Star Wars Saga
Ad Closes: Oct 5 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 5

The Dawn of Defiance campaign opens some months after the rise of the Empire, with the Clone Wars a very recent and vivid memory for most beings in the galaxy. The Empire has begun tightening its grip on star systems throughout the galaxy, and Darth Vader stands at the newly declared Emperorís right hand, crushing any opposition and hunting down the last remnants of the Jedi Order. In these short months since the fall of the Republic, many have joined the Empire willingly, including the Core Worlds whose Human nobles stand to benefit a great deal from its tyranny. Similarly, many others have begun rebelling against Imperial oppression, finding themselves driven out of their homes (or worse) and forced to live in a galaxy that tolerates no opposition to the Empire.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm looking for a group of characters to play in a DoD Campaign with the Star Wars Saga Edition system. Characters will start at level 5 and end up at level 20 by the end of the campaign.

Number of Players: 4 to 5

Expectations: I'm expecting a minimum of three posts a week but preferably a post every day or at least every other day. I'm expecting the campaign to last roughly a year give or take with each episode lasting about a month to maybe a little more than a month so I won't ever say you must post every single day but if you don't post at least once every three days I will NPC you and hopefully no further steps need be taken. I'm flexible and if you contact me beforehand we can try and work something out so everyone is satisfied and enjoys the game. That's the main goal here is to have fun.

Applications: Please post your applications here. Spelling and grammar while not crucial is definitely a plus. I won't be requiring sheets to be made till players are accepted into the game so right now I want to know about your character more so than stats. At least two paragraphs for the background with one paragraph for appearance and personality.

I may allow more than one force sensitive but only one character in the party will be a Order 66 Jedi Survivor. I would like one as while it is not vital to the campaign it would help the story to have at least one.

Name:
Race:
Personality:
Appearance:
Background:
Role in the Party:

Game Description:

A star wars hub of multiple games set in various Eras. Not all games are required to be related to each other and can be run separately. If you'd like to run a game here please PM Burne.

Dawn of Defiance

Dawn of Defiance adventures are designed to take characters from level 1 all the way to level 20 in a continuous storyline to give both players and Gamemasters a complete Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition experience. Deviating slightly from this we will be starting players off at level 5, however the story will remain the same.

Set in the months after the events of Revenge of the Sith, the adventures in the Dawn of Defiance campaign are designed to provide players and GMs with the iconic Star Wars Roleplaying Game experience, set against the backdrop of the tyranny of the Galactic Empire.

Setting: The Dawn of Defiance campaign opens some months after the rise of the Empire, with the Clone Wars a very recent and vivid memory for most beings in the galaxy. The Empire has begun tightening its grip on star systems throughout the galaxy, and Darth Vader stands at the newly declared Emperorís right hand, crushing any opposition and hunting down the last remnants of the Jedi Order. In these short months since the fall of the Republic, many have joined the Empire willingly, including the Core Worlds whose Human nobles stand to benefit a great deal from its tyranny. Similarly, many others have begun rebelling against Imperial oppression, finding themselves driven out of their homes (or worse) and forced to live in a galaxy that tolerates no opposition to the Empire.

Sith Academy

Status Pending

Undead Saga

Currently Closed

Any character creation stipulations? No force users? No Jedi? Any outlawed species.

Definitely interested, and going to work on something over the next few days.

@Fell, Not very many worthy of note. IE no Yuuzhan Vong, Nagai, or such when it comes to species. As for force users, I would like to see one but I expect there will be several applications for one. That feat/class is a popular choice in star wars.

Indeed it is!

Not for me though.

Going to make some sort of disgraced noble, the once heir to a large empire, disinherited years back, now an infamous smuggler and weapons runner.

Force Users make for a good 'flaw' to be exploited by the DM. I admit my enjoyment of them. And I've had more than one character fall to the dark side because of it.

Name: Thandrim Quai-Wyn
Class: Soldier
Race: Human

Role in the Party: Front line defense and bodyguard.

Howdy Burne. Very interested in this game, and I must say it's been a while since I got to playing Star wars. Question though; I am hoping to play a Devaronian Scoundrel, but am unable to find the stats for the Devaronian. I have seen them in Saga somewhere, think you could help me find in which book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Howdy Burne. Very interested in this game, and I must say it's been a while since I got to playing Star wars. Question though; I am hoping to play a Devaronian Scoundrel, but am unable to find the stats for the Devaronian. I have seen them in Saga somewhere, think you could help me find in which book?
p214Legacy

Thanks Valiyn. Also Kershaw or any other players, look up something called the OmegaDex. Someone was kind enough to make a reference tool for all things Saga. It's only about 2mb so I can attach it to a thread in the game if needed but a google search should bring it up to download from 4shared or some other site. Best part about it, its free!