OOC Discussion

Also; lowering/raising ST and HT are 10 points, but DX and IQ are 20 points each, because they are much more useful stats. So it is more complicated still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGoblin View Post
Also; lowering/raising ST and HT are 10 points, but DX and IQ are 20 points each, because they are much more useful stats. So it is more complicated still.
Thanks, I realised that before I asked, but as you said, that just adds extra complexity I didn't need in my question.

Just an fyi for future GURPS games that's kind of a house rule so I would ask before creating a character in a new game because more often then not it does count against your disadvantage limit, But I'm glad you asked because that might help me out here lol.

lol a lot. At least we have 3 or 4 characters that don't mention theft or magic, yet.
I'm thinking maybe a magic encrusted weapon, and I'm pretty sneaky, but definitely not a caster or crook. Well, maybe a little bit of a crook, I guess. I won't be pickpocketing or lock picking though.

If Id known we were short on muscle I might of made something else. Its okay though, if Garth needs back up I got mini-tank aka lupus (wolf/wild dog/crazy man's friend). I don't know what to classify Gil as, maybe a ranger/druid I suppose.

Querry folks! in 3rd Ed they used to have the number of skills max you could have was twice your age.
I havent found whether that still applies in 4th! and wanting to know,as it will either expand my skill group size or intensify what ive learned.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere in 4e Lite, and a quick Google turned up nothing.

Skill level cap
The maximum level for a default skill is 20. The maximum level for a skill is Attribute + 10.

That's the only limit on skills I can find.
I like the idea of the "Max # of skills = 2 x character age" rule. Sounds fairly realistic to me. We all know the 2 skills a baby has, and that we all learn much faster as children.

I also wanted to know with spells is the skill level based on your pts put into it and stat of course,but do you add your magery level as well.
I know Aelun did that a house rule in games ive played with him in the past.