Notices

World At War: Tracking Down Evil (Godlike)

Old Sep 23 '12, 10:54pm
Great Wyrm

World At War: Tracking Down Evil (Godlike)

World at War: Tracking Down Evil - Forum
Miscellaneous
Estimated Members Requested: 4

Welcome, friends and fellow Weavers. I am akela122301, and I'll be your Game Moderator for this game.

What I'm Looking For: Right now, I don't want any power sets laid out, even if you have the book. All I want is your concept. Are you an American Super Soldier, like Captain America? A Canadian Shapeshifter? Maybe a British sniper that can actually become invisible. Lay out your concept, in as much detail as you can manage.

Out of the submissions, I will pick a varied team. Once I have my team, then and only then, will your character be fleshed out in mechanical detail.

So, lay out your concepts! (1 concept per customer)

Completed Submissions so far:
gnr8rmech: Arnaud Bonhomme, French Hyper-Sniper
Kirindal: Danny Fitzallen, American Brick/Speedster
Lamech: Bobby Tree, American Healer/Superhuman
lock426: Max Schwartz, American Popper
bloodrever: Raleigh Fox, British Mentalist
Thuggery: Hyman Bergson, American Air-Controller
Hudson: Lideczka Dobrzanska, Polish Morph
MadHatter: Mr E., American Peak Human with Battlesight

Mentioned Concepts not listed above:
Thrythlind: Demonic woman, or Girl Beastmaster
Jak_Ecofreak: Something Dragon-related

Game Description:

1941. A new Talent has entered the scene, on the side of the Nazis. The Nazi propaganda calls him der Teufel, translated as The Devil. Taking the form of a winged demon, der Teufel has terrorized towns and cities that have refused to bow to Hitler's rule.
It is up to a team of newly trained Allied Talents to stop him. Talents from Britain, America, as well as other Allied nations gathered together to take down der Teufel. Will they succeed and take down The Devil? Or will they fall, as so many individual Talents have already?

Last edited by akela122301; Oct 3 '12 at 4:58am..
My concept is a mental manipulating British. The exact powers will depend on just what I am able to do in the system.

I was thinking mind control as the base and if I can afford it then maybe some mind reading, telepathy, or projecting images into others minds (illusions and or invisibility). I was told that there is not mind control talent so will have to discuss with the GM what is available. I only have the quick start guide and it does not have the talents in it.

My concept is an American Talent who wanted to make his break into baseball so badly that he came into his own. Basically super speed with a touch of strength to boot.

Given your use of a demon man, I have to say that one of my favorite character types is the girl/woman who appears demonic while being very good

I'd probably go with one that is rather reserved bordering on timid or shy rather than a irreverant snarker though.

something like this visually:

http://fav.me/d5e3zs2

Or a girl that commands/influences animals such as this character

http://fav.me/d5e3u5o

Sounds feasible, although as I mentioned in the Planning thread, I intend to make use of Racism and Sexism.
All great concepts, guys. Keep them coming, and please: put your application in the forum. So far, I've only got one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akela122301 View Post
Sounds feasible, although as I mentioned in the Planning thread, I intend to make use of Racism and Sexism.
All great concepts, guys. Keep them coming, and please: put your application in the forum. So far, I've only got one.
Yes, I tend to be cruel in the creation of my characters.

^_^

I have a question about the setting, is there any sort of American government training agency for dealing with talents? Or otherwise any sort of organization for doing talents?

Edit: I don't have the full book, just the quick start pack. I can get it though if I'm accepted. I've read the wild talent book and I think that's a similar system.