By hook, by crook or by FTL engine?

Old Sep 28 '12, 11:36pm
Down to the last second...

By hook, by crook or by FTL engine?

Pirates of the Endless Black - Forum
D20 Future
Estimated Members Requested: 10

Level: 4

Skills: Once a skill always a skill and certain skills wlill be combined. Craft and Knowledge skills will only be available as skills to those cryogenically frozen (or if you give me a really good reason). Other than that they will be treated as cross class skills even if its your class skill.

Feats: I'd like the more aggressive feat progression meaning you gain a feat at every odd level.

HP: Max for all the levels at start, roll from that point forward.

AP: 21 to start, gain the rest as normal.

Ability scores: Two rolls of 3d6, choose either of the two or opt for a 36 point buy in.

Ability at every fourth level: +1 to two ability scores ebery fourth level (Can not choose to use it on the same ability at once).

Wealth: I absolutely hate the wealth system in D20 and will be using a credits system (more on that later).

To apply or make a place holder (or rolls), click here.

Game Description:

Pirates of the Endless Black

Introduction:

The year is 2525.

The world as we know it has ended.

Hundreds of years ago a war destroyed the Earth and scattered technology to the four winds.many countries predicted this inevitable outcome and had plans to survive. Tens of thousands fled in massive ships called Arcs. The Arcs passengers were all cryogenically frozen and their pods programmed to wake them when a suitable, life sustaining planet was found. Some were not ready or equipped to handle such a mass exodus. Some left without food, some without history records, some without weapons, some without the most basic technology. Some left overpopulated, some understaffed. Some left with scientists who decided to run genetic experiments on the people onboard in their own attempt to play god. Some left with breaches in their containment fields exposing everyone onboard to radiation while they traveled.

These Arcs spread to the ends of the universe. Some encountered alien races and were enslaved. Some encountered alien races and enslaved them. Some found alien races and were invited to join their federation.

Space worthy ships and those capable of breaking the atmosphere spread though some with minimal tech knowledge simply trade or junk them. People with tech knowledge are rare and are more valuable than good, rum or spices.

Pirates on the other hand are a common sight. Pirates by land, sea, air and space. Most talk and act somewhat like stereotypical pirates from the movies or history with. Arguing amounts of tech available to them.

CRUNCH:

You're character might have grown up on one of these ships or worlds (depending on where they landed) or they could have been in cryogenic sleep this entire time, waking up only to find that the world has drastically changed.

So are we playing Pirates or fighting Pirates? I am a little confused at this point.

Will we all be aboard the same ship? My concept is for a military type guy who had a wife and kid but they died in their pods and he awakens to find their cold dead corpses. Or their pods were damaged and they're like pods of fungal moss or something like that.

Probably be a MARINE before frozen.

This game has a good number of different pirate factions, each with their own motives and plot hooks. The intent was to have the characters themselves decide who they were going to side with, if anyone at all.

With three GM's, there are a slew of possible story arcs to be developed and accomplished.

There are 3 gm's. I most of completly missed that.

Letting all know in advance that we will not be forcing players to stay together. I assume they'll all have different backgrounds and some might not mesh well with others. It's a vast universe. Can't expect all of our heroes (anti-heroes, villains, whatever) to be on the same ship now can we?

Mad Hatter - All I need from you is a decision on whether you'll be using either set of rolls or going with the buy in. After that, your private thread and background discussion will be created.

Can you roll first, then decide to use point buy if the MW Dice Roller screws you?

What PL are you looking at?

I honestly don't know. Both rolls are kind of weird...decent rolls but weird. I might go with point buy or not. I am also still 50% undecided on if I wish to play.

Paro - You can roll both. See the results, then decide to use the point buy. But once you make the choice (between the two rolls results or point buy) then it's final.

Mad Hatter - the private thread is not a guarantee you'll be selected. It is to keep the application thread from being flooded with questions and unnecessary comments.

I know that dude. Actually just consider me not interested in this game please. I feel like there are just better systems for sci fi rpg then d20. LOL