Welcome to the Dark Heart of the Jungle

Out of curiosity, do we have anything in the way of population numbers, Current Season(Which I;m hoping is Early spring because otherwise we're going to have a very short growing period if at all), Types of crops our populace is used to growing, and any particular crops that seem like they would grow well in the area.

I think if we can manage it we should try for a year supply of food, Fortuitously, this can be stretched greatly if we get berries, via Our druid and the good berry spell (Feeding up to 4-8 folks with each casting) as well as the purify food and drink/Create Water combo already exemplified in our passage across the sea by Our Clerical fellow...

I'm not chipping in much so far... but... give me time, I will get there..

Population, including the council is 216. They have corn and wheat seeds for a normal growing season that would sustain the population but not necessarily grow enough to turn a profit. I honestly have no idea what a growing season in the jungle would be so I'd say the journey was planned for the most fortuitous time, early spring sounds fine to me. You have hard bread and dried meat to last the population about two weeks and 1,278 gold pieces for expenses. The workers of the group have all their appropriate tools, axes, hoes, saws, woodworking gear, and so forth so the council really only need to get everyone safely to New Lantern and with luck the community will prosper.

The population is primarily human, with a pretty even mixture of elves, half-elves, and halflings, and a small group of dwarves (three families), with here and there a half-orc or gnome. I'll have specific named NPCs among them, probably a representative from the religious types, an engineer or chief craftsman, that sort of thing.

Sorry my posts were brief this week. I'm on my way out, I'll see you all on tuesday.

On a completely random note, I want you all to type the word tuesday into a quick reply. Make sure it's lower case, then check the spelling options. Does it bother anyone that Doomsday comes up when you fail to capitalize Tuesday?

Bye all :-)

I've got some bad news. It's becoming more and more apparent that I just don't have the time to run a game online without regular internet access at home. I'm sorry guys but I'm going to have to call this one a bust, it's not fair for you all that I can only post once or twice a week. Also my manager at work is giving me the stink eye over the amount of time I spend on the computer. Sorry again, I was really looking forward to this game but I just don't have it in me right now.

Understood-- It can be a lot tougher than expected to run an online game! Hope that you find some tabletop love soon!

Ah, drat.. I understand. Perhaps rather than a full bust it could be tabled until such a time when you have the time? If you get the chance to start it up again do drop me a line...

Thanks for being understanding guys, if I get internet at home I'm right back in the game.