The Rod of Seven Parts

Old Oct 1 '12, 3:43am
[insert witticism here]

The Rod of Seven Parts

The Rod of Seven Parts - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons (AD&D) and clones - Forgotten Realms
Ad Closes: Oct 14 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 5

Come one, come all! An campaign of epic proportions, with the ultimate goal of finding the most fabled of all artifacts - the Rod of Seven Parts - is now accepting applications for would-be cannon fodder orc-bait battlefield paint adventurers!

Yes, this campaign will eventually culminate with the grand campaign the Rod of Seven Parts, but it will not start there. The Forgotten Realms are large, and adventure and wonder can strike anyone at any time from anywhere. Even right there behind you!

Seriously though, applications are being accepted for a group to start low and aim high. Seems simple enough: start at 1st level, travel throughout the Realms, battle evil, solve mysteries, make a name for yourself, get noticed by the gods, find a legendary artifact, kill a legendary foe...well, let's just start with 1st level, travel, and trying to battle evil, shall we?

Applications for characters are to be placed in THIS FOLDER.
All the applicable rules for the campaign, to include character creation, can be found in THIS FOLDER.

Applications will be accepted until the end of the day (11:59 PM PDT) on October 13, 2012, with the selected party being notified no later than the end of the day (11:59 PM PDT) October 15, 2012.

So please - if you are interested, apply. Who knows - you may get lucky enough to be the one who holds the completed Rod at some point in your career...

Game Description:

In a time long ago, war raged across the cosmos between the force of Law and Chaos. Though the armies of the Queen of Chaos won most of the battles, they were forced to withdraw after their great general, Miska the Wolf Spider, was defeated and imprisoned by the Wind Dukes of Aaqa. The Wind Dukes created the Rod of Seven Parts to slay Miska. Unfortunately, the artifact merely wounded him and was itself shattered in the process. In the centuries since the final battle, the queen has scoured the multiverse, looking for the Rod. If reassembled, the Rod could slay Miska, but it also holds the key to healing his wound and releasing him from his eternal imprisonment.

Champion, Myth-Weavers 2013 Fantasy Football League
Am having some trouble deciding on the kind of PC i will play, it will depend on what the rest of the party is, as a psionicist i can shore up any of the classes nicely so i am not sure how much i should decide before the party is selected. How much do i need to have a completed app for you DM?

Well, you need to have a completed character. Name, class, race, attributes, WP's, NWP's, equipment, background...you know, the whole thing has to be done.

Don't get caught up trying to fill any perceived holes in the party. I have in mind the composition of the party I am looking for, and all I'm going to say is that it's going to be fairly balanced (unless circumstances prevent that). Don't worry about what others are creating - create what you want to play.

That's an important statement, so I'll say it again: Create the character you want to play. Don't create something that you think may be selected, or because you feel it's missing in the other applications, or something that you think I want to see. Create the character you want to play. I'd rather you create something you want to play that has a great concept and good background and the potential for awesome storytelling instead of something that you think I'm looking for but you really don't want to play.

ok good to know thanks. Any chance of any hints what to expect, high combat, alot of RP or sneaking around, any hints at all

The campaign is going to have, well, pretty much everything. Combat, role-playing, investigation, sneaking around, high profile, low profile, left turns, elevator action (for those of you old enough to understand that reference)...everything, really.

so this is going to be "Stay for a while...Stay forever!" type of action ?

Pretty much. My hope is that at least some of the characters who start will be around for the long haul. The campaign starts with characters at 1st level, and you won't be traipsing off for the Rod until you hit about 12th or so. So yeah: take your shoes off and adventure for a while.

will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow71 View Post
That's an important statement, so I'll say it again: Create the character you want to play. Don't create something that you think may be selected, or because you feel it's missing in the other applications, or something that you think I want to see. Create the character you want to play. I'd rather you create something you want to play that has a great concept and good background and the potential for awesome storytelling instead of something that you think I'm looking for but you really don't want to play.
Listen to this, it's something Alaundo of Candlekeep would have said if he played RPGs.

@Scary Wizard/Scarecrow71
+1

WIZARD DID IT! I so whole heartly agree on that comment of character creation. If you do something that is not exactly what you would like to play, and still got accepted, your interest might die fast. Way too many examples in MW for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathgon View Post
Sorry did i miss that in the house rules cause i didnt see anything about not allowing dual-classing. Doesnt really matter as going psionicist but still.
I have to apologize wrathgon - I totally missed this question. But to answer:

Quote:
Dual classing at 1st level is not allowed. While the rule books do not explicitly exclude this, I find that this is an attempt by non-warrior types (especially mages) to enjoy the benefits of higher hit points and the use of armor and edged weapons. If you want to be dual-classed, you must advance to at least 3rd level in your first class before switching.
That's taken directly from the house rules document, section 1.4, Dual- and Multi-Classing.