Hi there, as I was looking for a changeling : the lost game, that's perfect for me.
I have a couple of questions though :
- Are there any restrictions on the kind of character and background we can take ?
- What kind of details do you need for the concept of our characters before proceeding ?
- Do are character begin established in the city or are they fresh coming out of the hedge ?
As for character concepts I have a couple in mind :
1) The pageant beauty queen kidnaped after her coronation and turned Fairest/flowering during her durance :
Her keeper was a kind of fae gardener and the changeling was one of his priced piece.
She had to endure exposure to elements in a garden where seasons were changing extremely fast, winters and summer were particularly harsh in their temperature extremes and the autumn was when the keeper 'plucked' the flowers out of her body. Only the spring was good ... except that she was attached in place.
After her escape, she joined the spring court, wishing to rebuild a life with the same kind of pleasure she had before her durance : Funny parties, wealth, friends and boyfriends.
She would focus more on the social skills/attribute and I will probably be spending some points in mentor both to be trained in changeling knowledge, have basic combat skills and for the mentor to be used to introduce my character to the already existing changeling structure.
2) A college boy trying to escape the grasp of tyrannic parents and moonlighting as a pizza delivery boy to make money to pay for rent, food and studies. He met someone who, in exchange for working for him, promised him to be forever free of his parents. Little did he know, that the person in quesion was part of the gentry.
In his keeper domains, there were two kind of changelings, those who still had human face and emotions and those who didn't, the latters hunting, torturing and killing the formers all in the name of their keeper enjoyement. The character managed to partially become of the second breed but keeping his emotions and moral center at the same time, turning into a darkling of the mirrorskin kith.
After his escape, he will join the winter court hoping to stay hidden and using his talents at remaining undetected to work an intelligence agent for his court.
This character would focus on talent used to disguise himself or to infiltrate himself in foreign courts, and human institutions. (stealth, investigation, subterfuge and computer would be key skills). I would also probably want a mentor for this character as well (if he is one that is accepted in this game).
I will work out the details in the days to come. Could you tell me how the character creation will move on after this and what other information you require on the concept at the moment ? I would happily oblige.
Thanks and hopefully I'll see you all guys in the game
After his escape, he will join the winter court hoping to stay hidden