Capitol Limited

Old Oct 1 '12, 9:31pm
Young Dragon

Capitol Limited

Capitol Limited - Forum
Miscellaneous
Ad Closes: Oct 7 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 5

New to Myth-Weavers, thought I'd give something simple a try first.

Game Description:

System: The Window

Setting: Present Day America

Description:

The players will find themselves riding the Capitol Limited, traveling by rail from Washington D.C. to Chicago. Shortly after midnight, a strong winter storm stops the train in the mountains of western Pennsylvania. Much to everyone's dismay, no one on the train has cell phone coverage in the remote mountain wilderness. Unfortunately, the train's staff are unable to make radio contact either, and soon even stranger developments become apparent.

The campaign will start out Freeform and then transition slowly as the story develops. There will be a strong emphasis on story telling. Fantasy elements will be present. Players can play as any non-famous person from modern times (with approval), and can even play as themselves or some variation thereof. Player character sheets should basically read like a modern day resume, but with more background information. Player's should also indicate that they have brought along with them on the trip. Player's should feel free to include character strengths, weaknesses, traits, quirks, motivations--or just allow these things to come out naturally as the story progresses.

That's about it. This probably won't be an overly serious campaign, but that will be driven largely by the players. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Ideally I'd like 3 to 5 players who can post once every day or two.

Thanks!

Is this survival horror. Cause it really makes me feel better if it was. Could I be a clerk on the train? Maybe like a young kid out of high school who punches the tickets and handles baggage? That way I would only have work items on me.

I have two ways I can go from this. If dark horror, I want to play a Friday the 13th type survivor character. if more realistic I will just make some average 20 year old or such.

I would say it's going to be survival dark fantasy more so than horror. A clerk on the train would be fine with me. It's more like realistic people in an unrealistic setting.

You can just go ahead and join the game and include your character in the message, or you can message me directly if there's anything you want to discuss first.

The freeform thing is what is throwing me off right now. I tend to not like freeform, have had many bad games foing freeform style. What about a light hearted ruleset like Windows or the following link?

http://nathanaelcole.com/agames/quad/QuadRPG.pdf

Once the story reaches a certain point I was planning on using GURPs Lite to resolve conflicts, although something like the link you posted could work as well. I'll have to think about it and see what I think will work best. There will definitely be dice rolls involved in solving conflicts though.

Okay then. I will get working on a character background then. Thanks for the info Alendis.
Where should I put my application?